Sponsored

Who DOESN'T have the vibration? Reassure a prospective buyer.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
2016. No vibration.

You really can't tell how common a problem is by internet reports. People who have a problem will always go to forums for help even if they would never participate otherwise. But how many join s forum for no other reason but to say they don't have a problem?
Sponsored

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
My 2016 GT vert has a vibration, but it's very slight, and only occurs around 68 MPH. The rear view mirror shakes a little, and the passenger seat back seems to vibrate more. I don't hear any noise at all from the vibration.

When I installed the locking lug nuts, it seemed to get worse, so I removed those. I'm hoping it's just a wheel balance issue.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My butt has been in that seat for 26,000 miles. I can say with confidence that I'm pretty "in tune" with my car and there is no vibration from the driveline.
I'm sure you (and many others on this site) are and apparently you are one of the lucky ones that got a 'stang that does not have the issue.

I never said they all had the problem, just that more do than are getting reported (which is a substantial number, hence Ford issuing a service bulletin on it).

Congrats on scoring a 'good one' & enjoy your car. I sure wish mine had been good out of the box or fixed in the 81 days it spend @ the dealer ! I truly loved everything else about the car, but couldn't stomach the vibration and crappy dealer/Ford response to the problem.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have zero issues here. Just make sure you are allowed to take the car up to highway speeds before putting money down. That should be part of a good test drive, anyway. I don't work with dealers that don't let me drive the car in a variety of situations that are seen every day (the one I bought from handed me the keys and said go drive for as long as you want).

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have a slight vibration that runs from about 82-86mph, but I never noticed it till I had a wheels/tires installed. I had them rebalanced, and it got a bit better, but it is still there, so I don't think mine is related to the ford problem.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
No vibration issues.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
I have a slight vibration that runs from about 82-86mph, but I never noticed it till I had a wheels/tires installed. I had them rebalanced, and it got a bit better, but it is still there, so I don't think mine is related to the ford problem.
Try tightening the lug nuts to proper torque. You will find number in the owners manual

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
what vibration?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads