White Film on windows. AC going out

Semi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
79 ford f250 7.5l/2015 gt pp ruby red
My warranty is almost up and the air conditioner works fine still.

Summer's almost over so if it is the AC it goes out next year I'm screwed.

Anyone know anything about this? I didn't get an extended warranty because I work from home and use the car for grocery getting and pleasure but I know paying for the repair will probably be more than the warranty was.
Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Interesting. I get the film on the windows occasionally but just assumed that was normal dirt or whatever. I thought the plastics in the car slowly give off gases that cause that.

In any case, I did notice that it was really bad recently. Coincidentally, my A/C went out a week ago. I'm actually dropping it off tomorrow for the dealership to evaluate and fix it. I'm at 41,000 miles so I'm barely past my warranty. I did contact Ford customer service and they implied that there would be some financial assistance for the repair, once the dealership pinpoints what's going on. Not sure if that's because they know it's a common problem or because I'm just barely past my warranty (plus, I have documentation of bringing up strange issues with the A/C while I was still under warranty, including posts on this forum).

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
Evaporator core failure. Take it in.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Notice the sweet odor? I'm dropping mine off tomorrow after work. It progressively gets worse each day.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
I get that film on the front and rear. Ac works decently. Not consistent though. Guess I'm headed in as well. I'm ready to dump this thing.

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I get that film on the front and rear. Ac works decently. Not consistent though. Guess I'm headed in as well. I'm ready to dump this thing.
I've seriously thought about this myself. Even though I'm enjoying the hell out of it, I'm too old to put up with crap like this.

White_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Oxford White GT w/PP
Definitely a leak somewhere in your A/C. I, and many others, have had the same white film issue shortly before the A/C goes out completely. I'd bet money on a leaking evaporator core. Tons of others on this forum have had the issue as well (some even have had the same part replaced multiple times within 15,000 miles). Good luck!

rfcs550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby Track Pak Triple Yellow
I'm in my THIRD evaporator (OEM and two replacements S and W). So far, so good. 2016 GT350 has less than 9k miles.
Sponsored