Sponsored

Whipple owners - what exhaust with SC?

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
What exhaust setup are you running? Do you like it or what do you wish you were running? I have the MBRP street and the volume is fine, just looking for a different tone. Something a little deeper with a "burble" tone to it would be ideal. Volume wise, I am good with a 7 or 8 on scale of 10. I've noticed that the SC ratchets the sound way up, so a 9 or 10 would be more than I want.

I assume I can keep the H pipe and just and axle backs even if they are a different brand?

Anyone have sound clips? Thanks!
Sponsored

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I have MagnaFlow Streets. Sounds great and nice deep rumble, get compliments by everyone that hears the car. No drone either.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I had the MBPR street and after a couple months it seems to get loader and raspier mostly. I got tired of it and installed MBRP 16" resonators right after the H crossover and that help. However in the end I cut out the MBRP mufflers and welded in some SS straight through design ovals 5x9x14 from VMS racing. The sound now is deeper and most of the rasp is gone. I also have stock exhaust manifolds and cats and don't see the need to change because of the great power that can be made with stock and also headers get too load for me.

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I had the MBRP race and I swapped it for the Solo MachXV. Not only is the volume perfect but the tone is much better imo.

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
I have the Solo Performance Mach Thunder. Absolutely love the sound. I have heard several other in person, and personally like mine the best. Has an old school muscle car type sound. I'd highly recommend finding fellow members in your area, if possible, and listen to some options in person. As personal opinions vary drastically. I also like the Corsa extreme sound. Sound clips are nice, but nothing like hearing a few different ones in person. That being said, sound clip can be found here...
http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-thunder-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I originally had a Lethal H-pipe with Magnaflow comp axle back while NA. It had a great deep tone but also drone'd terribly while cruising between 60-65 with my 3.31 gears.

I switched to the Corsa sport catback while NA knowing I was going to install headers. Then I installed catless SP long tube headers and it was to raspy for my liking so I added the high flow cats and they took the edge off the raspiness. Headers definitely increase the exhaust volume so keep that in mind if you plan to install headers.

I love the Corsa exhaust. I would say it is a close to a dual mode exhaust as you can get without having the valves in it. Cruising down the road the exhaust note completely disappears. I have more tire and wind noise while cruising. But as soon as you tip into the throttle it gets rowdy!

I have noticed also when I was running my Lund flex NA tune the exhaust note was different than after I installed the Whipple with their tune. I am guessing that has more to do with the exhaust cam timing in the tune. I get a nice pop/burble on deceleration now with the Whipple tune that was never there with Lund's flex NA tune.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have the Solo Performance Mach Thunder. Absolutely love the sound. I have heard several other in person, and personally like mine the best. Has an old school muscle car type sound. I'd highly recommend finding fellow members in your area, if possible, and listen to some options in person. As personal opinions vary drastically. I also like the Corsa extreme sound. Sound clips are nice, but nothing like hearing a few different ones in person. That being said, sound clip can be found here...
http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-thunder-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present[/QUOTE

I am taking a serious look at the Solo. Can't decide between the XV and the Thunder. I know it's subjective, but loud is the Thunder? I want some good sound volume, but don't want to over do it...

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-thunder-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present
Would be nice to compare our sounds... would be nice to see what they do with a GoPro as well...:cheers:

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have Kooks LT w/o cats and corsa extremes. I love it. Whenever I race people, they tell me they go deaf and wince in pain and it throws them off. I attribute all my wins to the fact that the car induces physical pain and slows down their driving bahah.

It sounds god like. !

Sponsored

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
I have Kooks LT w/o cats and corsa extremes. I love it. Whenever I race people, they tell me they go deaf and wince in pain and it throws them off. I attribute all my wins to the fact that the car induces physical pain and slows down their driving bahah.

It sounds god like. !
Thats one way to put it, I have lt o/r and roush ab, if they're a manual they cant even shift lol

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
http://solo-performance.com/cat-back-mach-thunder-exhaust-system5-0l-ford-mustang-gt-2015-present[/QUOTE

I am taking a serious look at the Solo. Can't decide between the XV and the Thunder. I know it's subjective, but loud is the Thunder? I want some good sound volume, but don't want to over do it...
I felt the same as you. I wanted loud, but not ridiculous loud. To me it is right in that sweet spot. Loud enough to turn heads, but not annoying loud. My favorite part about it is that when you are just putting around town it is pretty quiet. But when you go WOT it roars.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
Would be nice to compare our sounds... would be nice to see what they do with a GoPro as well...:cheers:
My guess is your's is a decent amount louder, as you have headers. I still have stock headers and cats.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
My guess is your's is a decent amount louder, as you have headers. I still have stock headers and cats.
Note I'm much less interested in the first part.. Whipple vs Procharger is the interesting part.

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
I had the FRPP Touring but just changed it out for the Corsa Sport which is louder than the FRPP, has a nice deep tone, and doesn't get raspy at high rpm's. I'm really liking the Corsa, should have gone with it from the start.
Sponsored