Whipple DYI Installers

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
Finishing up on my install and found the installation manual not to be clear (illustrations) well last night I was to lazy to go back out to get the manual and decided to down load it to my PC and I felt silly everything is crystal clear. So do yourself a favor and down load the manual its not so hard on the eyes.
There are going to be a few things the manual will that may not be there one for me was the #62 fuse being red and 10 amp ,mine is a five amp and not red that goes to the bottom of the spade connector that's going to be for the heat exchanger motor. Other than that it is a super nice install nothing hard at all I would of been finished but taking my time and I also did oil pump gears. I could of been finished but just taking my time as I am retired.
2019 GT install
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Mine was the same. And didnt realize at the time that the fuse you remove gets put into that L shaped jumper. So I was stumped cause my traction control and advanced trac was dissabled. until I figured out about the fuse deal. Instructions didnt seem clear to me on that, otherwise everything was straight forward and very easy.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
Good advice, thanks. Hoping for delivery on my Whipple next week and looking forward to turning the wrench to put it on.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I know there is a ton of threads on the OPG already, but from your perspective, was the install pretty straightforward? I'm really debating whether to do the OPG and sprocket, as I'm only doing the stage 1 Whipple kit.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So I know there is a ton of threads on the OPG already, but from your perspective, was the install pretty straightforward? I'm really debating whether to do the OPG and sprocket, as I'm only doing the stage 1 Whipple kit.
Quite tedious, and pay very close attention to instructions, but totally doable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Frank

Frank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Kona Blue A10
The oil pump gears were not hard at all just attention to detail. The oil pan bolts one over the rack on the passenger side and another on the drivers side was a pain but take your time you will get them. Having the right tools help also.

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Do it. Better to have them and not need them, than need them and not have them. It’s a little more involved on the gen3 as you have to lower the oil pan for clearance and need a couple of tools you may not already have, but it’s a worthwhile investment.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Both of these jobs are too easy to pay someone to do they just take time and you do have to have the right tools

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Both of these jobs are too easy to pay someone to do they just take time and you do have to have the right tools
Ordered the Boundary OPG and sprocket... wish me luck!
Sponsored