Sponsored

Which would you choose?

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You either get a new GT500 but must leave it stock and can never modify a single thing on it.

Or you keep your current car and get 50k cash to mod or keep.

Also you can NEVER SELL either car since bunch of people are bringing up value and depreciation lol.

I'm choosing option 2 since I could never have a nonunique stock car that anyone else has an exact copy of :clap:
Sponsored

Last edited:

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
GT500, all day long. Modding just leads to people coming here asking why their car doesn't work anymore.

Seriously, 1/2 the threads here are newbs desperately trying to figure out why their mod has bricked their car........the one they keep "fixing" until it's broken.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
GT500, all day long. Modding just leads to people coming here asking why their car doesn't work anymore.

Seriously, 1/2 the threads here are newbs desperately trying to figure out why their mod has bricked their car........the one they keep "fixing" until it's broken.
maybe I'll update the question to 50k lol.

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
GT500 all day. It has inherent value whereas mods do nothing but slowly erode any vehicle value. You can mod to get the HP, but at the end of the day it's still a modded GT.

Sponsored

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Automatic Mustangs may as well be Teslas. Sorry not sorry. :)
Crisis averted...i just double checked that this was the general forum not the 500 sub. Thought for sure there would be people coming for your head.

That being said, gimmie a stick all day long. Buttttt I would probably go for the 500 over a modified GT. Or really just have both.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Damn yall are no fun. :crackup: Maybe it's just me but there's no way I could drive a stock car that anyone else bought has the same one of

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Another vote for the GT500. The value of a modded GT will drop like a rock. The GT500 will hold or increase in value over time. In addition, there is a lot of things on the GT500 other than the engine. It would be very hard to bring a GT to that level.

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Another vote for the GT500. The value of a modded GT will drop like a rock. The GT500 will hold or increase in value over time. In addition, there is a lot of things on the GT500 other than the engine. It would be very hard to bring a GT to that level.
^ This, +1.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec

This right here.

Seriously, this may well be the wisest small handful of sentences Iā€™ve seen posted since Iā€™ve been on the board.

Itā€˜s really kinda amusing. Someone posts looking for help with a weird problem heā€™s having then later, maybe not even in the initial post, we find out about the mods heā€™s done. Itā€™s really unbelievable. I keep expecting to read one day where some dude has gotten a tune and it really works well except now every time he pulls in the garage all the toilets in his house spontaneously flush themselves. I wouldnā€™t be shocked.

Iā€˜m not a particular fanboy of the S650 at this point but it may help drive home a lesson we all need to observe:
1. If you need more power, buy a faster car.
2. You ainā€™t as smart as a factory engineer.
Ignore these at your own peril.