Sponsored

Which MGW Shifter?

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I didn't realize you had four options on the MGW shifter. I'm thinking about the standard x-spec. What did you all go with?
Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
i ordered their xspec flat stick shifter. if the flat stick was not an option i would have gone with the xspec and shirt handle. its going to be preference mostly as you wont really notice a 4% difference. you want the handle close to stock height or a tad shorter

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
I talked to George at MGW and he suggested the Race Spec Standard for my Roush Stage 3. It's awesome. Depends on what you do with your car. Mine spends most of it's time hibernating, but when it comes out, it's for some sort of road coarse track date (maybe 2-4 a year), some occasional country cruising and will try a little drag racing this summer. For a daily driver you may be better off with the standard X-spec. And yes "Angry50" - mine is noticeably shorter, but not an issue for me.

OP
OP

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yes, this will be a DD. Is the cheapest place to buy directly through them? Any discount codes?

White5Ohhhhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Race spec short handle here,it's my DD and I love it.Its def very short,the throw is nice.If you want it to be similar in height to stock then go with standard handle.But if you want a nice short shorter then short handle willl be the way to go.Either way it's an amazing piece can't go wrong

Sponsored

OP
OP

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Thanks for the info! By any chance anyone have someone they trust in KY that could install one? Also, a shifter doesn't somehow void the powertrain warranty does it?

Last edited:

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Thanks for the info! By any chance anyone have someone they trust in KY that could install one? Also, a shifter doesn't somehow void the powertrain warranty does it?
The installation of a shifter won't void it, but any damage it could cause will.

OP
OP

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
How would a shifter cause damage to the transmission, assuming it's installed properly? From all the posts I've read about this transmission a new shifter is a popular mod to help with annoying issues.

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
How would a shifter cause damage to the transmission, assuming it's installed properly? From all the posts I've read about this transmission a new shifter is a popular mod to help with annoying issues.
The shifter is a great upgrade, hands down. You're going to shift harder/faster into gear which if you miss or slam it, the end result will be bad. That could happen with a factory shifter too, but if they find out you installed a shifter and you're trying to warranty a broken transmission, they will blame it on the aftermarket shifter. I think you'll be fine, but its a possibility.