which bolt is for the diff bushings

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
super random question but i am taking out my steeda diff bushing inserts cause of the crazy diff whine im getting and the rear end clunky sounds nothings wrong just an annoyance. however i dont remember which oem bolt goes into the diff bushings. i have two sets each with a different number on the head with two different lengths. same thread pattern. does anybody know by chance?

IMG_8715.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

IMG_8716.jpeg
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Shawn, I can send your contact info to our lead installer & see if he has any advice on the gear whine - let me know & happy to help.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hello Shawn, I can send your contact info to our lead installer & see if he has any advice on the gear whine - let me know & happy to help.
if you would like to that is fine. ive dealt with it iust because i understand its stiffening the diff and the vibrations have to go somewhere. i was just going to remove the inserts to get rid of it. just can remember which oem bolt goes back in

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
super random question but i am taking out my steeda diff bushing inserts cause of the crazy diff whine im getting and the rear end clunky sounds nothings wrong just an annoyance. however i dont remember which oem bolt goes into the diff bushings. i have two sets each with a different number on the head with two different lengths. same thread pattern. does anybody know by chance?

IMG_8715.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

IMG_8716.jpeg
Which bushings did you use, red or black? I installed the red. Yes, the whine is more noticeable especially with a locked cradle, spherical bearings, brace, and CF drive shaft. Mostly noticeable on decel.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Which bushings did you use, red or black? I installed the red. Yes, the whine is more noticeable especially with a locked cradle, spherical bearings, brace, and CF drive shaft. Mostly noticeable on decel.
I used the red inserts. i have pretty much everything you have except the driveshaft. my whine comes in when your maintaining speed just barely resting on the gas pedal. the faster the speed the higher the pitch. i also get clunks when shifting at low speeds typically decelleration.

Sponsored

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
I used the red inserts. i have pretty much everything you have except the driveshaft. my whine comes in when your maintaining speed just barely resting on the gas pedal. the faster the speed the higher the pitch. i also get clunks when shifting at low speeds typically decelleration.
Yes, I get the same except the clunk. It's faint but there. Nothing Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart can't drown out.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke to our lead tech, Jamie - this is what he said: We have seen just a handful of cars that did not respond well to the red bushings installed. Removing them solved the problem.

There is nothing we can directly point to why there is a whine on some cars with the red bushing.

Best Regards,

TJ

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have the exact same problem with mine too. Not sure I can stand them another season but I also don't want my car down for numerous days to uninstall and repair the torn factory bushings.

To answer your question, the long bolt goes on the rear passenger side with the funky doo-dad weight thing.
Sponsored