Sponsored

Where are your electric cutouts?

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
Where did you put your cutouts on the pipe? I dont have a resonator so i have a decent amount area to work with. Is it more or less benefitial to be closer or farther from the downpipe? is there a sweet spot? does it not matter at all?

What brand? did you get a cutout added to your setup or did you buy a full exhaust with a preinstalled cutout?
Sponsored

andyxramirez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost oxford white
I placed my cutout on my downpipe right before the big rectangle resonator. As far as placement goes, ive seen a post where they talk about placement of cutout. According to them, placement of cutout is crucial. I went with qtp. At first i had the wireless key fobs but over time it would loose connection here and there. So i just went with the toggle switch. I recommend going to a muffler shop for cutout and a stereo shop for the wiring to be done.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
I have mine on the first bend.... Like the guy above stated. Placement is crucial.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I placed my cutout on my downpipe right before the big rectangle resonator. As far as placement goes, ive seen a post where they talk about placement of cutout. According to them, placement of cutout is crucial. I went with qtp. At first i had the wireless key fobs but over time it would loose connection here and there. So i just went with the toggle switch. I recommend going to a muffler shop for cutout and a stereo shop for the wiring to be done.
I have mine on the first bend.... Like the guy above stated. Placement is crucial.
my resonator is deleted by i would obviously have it somewhere before the y pipe i dont know how far up it needs to go though. i was thinking on the downpipe as well. i have a muffler shop so no worries there and will probably wire it myself or have my brother do it. hes a certified auto mechanic and an employed electrician. we tinker a lot lol.

chriseco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 silver 6spd base ecoboost
I will be buying one these later on this week and advice on them would be great never had them before what's the proformance gain ?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP
I will be buying one these later on this week and advice on them would be great never had them before what's the proformance gain ?
Im relatively sure that this is less of a performance factor and more of a sound and coolness factor.

OP
OP

Joemomma22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT PP