Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
1. Dash Fablets..... I don't have a problem with digital dash in and of itself, it's how they are tacked on and not integrated into the dash. Then there are the 198 Hyundai square style AC vents. Come on Ford... This has to be one of the ugliest poorly executed dashes in a sports car I've seen in years.

2. The way they pinched the rear window and fattened up the rear fenders. If anything the S550 was a bit of a fat a$$. The 650 follows the bigger is better mantra and is a fail.

3. The overall styling of the front end especially in the dark horse with the two tone sections surrounding the headlights. Looks completely retarded.

I would have much preferred if Ford had put the S550 on a diet trimmed things down and tightened the package.

The Bullitt will continue to be my first and only Ford or Mustang....
Love my fat-bottomed Gal! 🤣
Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Besides the ECU being locked down, I’m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that don’t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking.

Was curious as to what would prevent some others from buying it to see if my dislikes were common or it's something else altogether.
Tesla dash, Audi headlights, And more of a face lift than any real changes.
Those are the issues with the car.
Now on to the other issues.
The economy is going into a dumpster fire, interest rates are up, insurance rates are going up, (repeat of the '70's I'm sure) . Not the best time to spend funds on a "Toy" just to say I have the newest generation of it, Even if I pay cash for it. I rather have the 45-66k to buy when the stock market is having a fire sale.
I have other week end vehicles, so I don't need a new s650 but if they fix the dash or offer an optional "classic" option package that got you a gauge cluster and not the tablet glued on to the dash as an after thought AND the economy starts to look like it will not catch fire then maybe.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
I’m kinda shocked that I’m the only one who’s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

I’m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when we’re able to finally get in. But who knows when that’ll be.
I saw auto/stop start in the menu of my brand new S550 , might see if it works

Sponsored

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
Too much sheetmetal, too-large a lower rear plastic fascia, Chevy Impala front, too-tiny taillights, majority dull color offering, iPad-like dash, side view looks like a 50-year old Ford Maverick…compared to S550…

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I saw auto/stop start in the menu of my brand new S550 , might see if it works
The auto start/stop has always been a physical button to my knowledge. What you’re talking about may have to do with the performance options if I recall correctly.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The main thing keeping me from considering it is that I'm already happy with what I have. I'm going to pay it off and keep it, and enjoy it for at least 8-10 years. I don't have the thick income to justify constantly trading in on newer models, and honestly I'm tired of car payments. This very well may be my last one, especially with these retarded interest rates now...

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Ummmm.... Me thinks you meant 1986 :-) hahaha

I recently specd out a base 911 with only adding paint wheels perforated seats and the glass sunroof. $137k..... The S was closer to $150k...

A stripping off the glass sunroof I still was over $120k. In the immortal words of Dickie Richard's childhood star "That's nukin futs"
No, I meant 1968. That price of $57K for a 1968 911 S is adjusted for inflation in today's money.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I keep cars for at least 6-10 years that are daily’s-and my Mach 1 is not even that. So even if I thought S650 was a better design (which IMO it is not) with better performance (minimal vs Mach 1), it would be years until I got one IF I went that route. I love the Mach 1 S550, it’s why I bought one. For me, it’s a perfect blend of design, performance, and heritage. I’ve said it before in other posts, IMO the S650 is too much a refresh to be considered a new generation, and nothing about that dash layout says Mustang. I didn’t think my Mach 1 would be my last new Mustang but its shaping out to be.

Sponsored

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
The dash is the deal breaker for me. Don’t like that it’s more of a refresh than whole new platform, 550’s look better front/rear than the new 650’s.
Dash for me too and I was at the reveal. Losing the eyebrow loses the cockpit feel of the sports car and seriously others have done better jobs. I generally like the body design. But the fact I've got a rockin' 2020 GT and paying it off not gonna jump anytime soon. I'd actually like to add a clean S197 as a daily driver and project car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The auto start/stop has always been a physical button to my knowledge. What you’re talking about may have to do with the performance options if I recall correctly.
What is shown in the dash is “auto off” not “auto stop/stop”. The S550 has never had ASS.

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
What is shown in the dash is “auto off” not “auto stop/stop”. The S550 has never had ASS.
I know that but the other guy was confused. I thought he was talking about the timer or something but he probably meant auto off.