Sponsored

What would prevent you from buying the S650?

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I’m kinda shocked that I’m the only one who’s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

I’m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when we’re able to finally get in. But who knows when that’ll be.
I didn't know it had auto start/stop. I hate it, that alone would stop me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Per the Order guide only the Ecoboost has stop/start.

" Mustang GT: ● Engine – 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 (Stop/Start System not available) "
Some of the reviewers who had the GT also had the auto start/stop. Some of the guys already confirmed it on 7G as well unfortunately.

Aks550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ak
Vehicle(s)
2023 s550
I’m kinda shocked that I’m the only one who’s said anything about the auto start/stop so far, lol.

I’m sure you could eventually turn it off in the the ECU when we’re able to finally get in. But who knows when that’ll be.
Thanks for clearing that up. I hate auto start/ stop. Glad i brought a 2023 the last s550.

Don't like the dash with ipad, nothing look retro or related to mustang heritage design.

Ford is trying hard to make to make new mustang global sport car acceptable to global retarded taste!

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Besides the ECU being locked down, I’m not a fan of the gaudy iPad screens that don’t seem to match the interior, the Camaro-like design in the back, the auto start/stop, and the rear end as the crease look is too exaggerated for my liking...
All of that, plus that blunt, truck-like front end looks stupid to me.

My idea of a sporty car is that it should be streamlined and look like it, so Ford did pretty well with the GT350, and screwed the pooch pretty hard with the 2005 Mustang and the 2024.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

RowdyRam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Vehicle(s)
22 GT DMG 6M Coupe
My bank account balance.

Also I think they are ugly. But to be fair, I didn't like the 2010 refresh but then bought a 2012 Mustang 3 years later. Oh and when the S550 came out I swore I would never own one. However, I love my 2017 Mustang GT

So clearly my taste in cars is fickle. Not sure my bank will ever catch up though
I'm with you on this... I was an '04-'09 fan, didn't much care for the '10 plus until my son came home with one and I really liked the interior better than my '08's rubbermaid interior. Then the S550 was announced and I thought "No way"...doesn't even resemble the retro re-do that Ford did on the S197. Then about 2017 I started lusting for the '18's and now finally have a '22.

Took that long for my bank account to get caught up.

I can't get past the exterior of the S650. I'm not "mad" at the interior but all the reasons against it others gave have merit.

Unless the S650 gets better looking in a future refresh - or the next gen Mustang looks/performs better - my S550 may be my last Mustang. They may all be electric by then anyway...lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jd_cobra

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I'm with you on this... I was an '04-'09 fan, didn't much care for the '10 plus until my son came home with one and I really liked the interior better than my '08's rubbermaid interior. Then the S550 was announced and I thought "No way"...doesn't even resemble the retro re-do that Ford did on the S197. Then about 2017 I started lusting for the '18's and now finally have a '22.

Took that long for my bank account to get caught up.

I can't get past the exterior of the S650. I'm not "mad" at the interior but all the reasons against it others gave have merit.

Unless the S650 gets better looking in a future refresh - or the next gen Mustang looks/performs better - my S550 may be my last Mustang. They may all be electric by then anyway...lol.
I’m hoping for a refresh as well.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Some of the reviewers who had the GT also had the auto start/stop. Some of the guys already confirmed it on 7G as well unfortunately.
No, people were mistaken. It was cleared up.

So far there's 0 real information that there will be ASS on the car.
Sponsored