Sponsored

What would I lose?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Well, yeah, truth be told, there isn't exactly a vent coming directly off the AC to the seat. It pushes the cabin air, whatever temperature that is, through the seat. Still not a gimmick, still cools my butt (among other bits) off. I'm from Minnesota, but in North Carolina. I'm not here to compete with Texas or AZ heat - but summers here about kill me.
I don't agree with your statement about cabin air vs. AC or cooled air. My seats get cold so there must be AC or cooled air instead of just cabin air. I don't see how it's possible that my seats are colder than the cabin air without AC or cooled air being pumped into the seats. Anyone know the schematics of the ventilated cooled seats?
Sponsored

Last edited:

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I don't agree with your statement about cabin air vs. AC iricooled air. My seats get cold so there must be AC or cooled air instead of just cabin air. I don't see how it's possible that my seats are colder than the cabin air without AC or cooled air being pumped into the seats. Anyone know the schematics of the ventilated cooled seats?
I'm sure it takes the AC air that is vented under the seat and pushes it back into the seat, at least on my truck it does.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
I don't agree with your statement about cabin air vs. AC or cooled air. My seats get cold so there must be AC or cooled air instead of just cabin air. I don't see how it's possible that my seats are colder than the cabin air without AC or cooled air being pumped into the seats. Anyone know the schematics of the ventilated cooled seats?
Ok, ok, it's actually a heat pump:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/looking-for-details-about-the-mustang-cooled-seats.46276/

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
I bought a driver's car, analog gauges, manual trans, base model GT with small screen etc. Leather is always too cold or too hot, never matches your body temp. I have it on my truck and I like the Mustang cloth better, like a nice fitting pair of jeans. I put my money where it matters, performance pack and Whipple. I regret nothing. An iPad on the dash doesn't impress me.

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Anyone who buys a car, new off a dealer lot needs to have their head examined.
Why's that? Mustang's are cheap. My 2017 GT, new-off-the-dealer's-lot was only $29k. A two year old one was still worth around $24-25k. Why not spend those measly nickles to get brand new, full warranty, and most of all, no prior owner knuckleheads driving my car. EcoBoost, V6? :thumbsdown: Get a real GT.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Why's that? Mustang's are cheap. My 2017 GT, new-off-the-dealer's-lot was only $29k. A two year old one was still worth around $24-25k. Why not spend those measly nickles to get brand new, full warranty, and most of all, no prior owner knuckleheads driving my car. EcoBoost, V6? :thumbsdown: Get a real GT.
Very well, but I'm going to hazard a guess that your new, $29K GT was a base GT, sans leather and all the other Premium features?

For comparison's sake, in late Oct. of 2017, I paid $24K for my barely used 2016 GT Premium with Black accent package..., and I say barely used because at the time of purchase my car had exactly 615 miles on the odometer, and it was in absolutely perfect condition. Sticker was just over $42K.

While I doubt the original buyer paid $42K for the car, even if he/she received a sizable discount on the car when new, they still probably paid somewhere on the order of $12K more than I did?? When I can save $12K on a car, I don't need a phuckin' warranty, because with that huge of a savings I could afford to replace the entire drive train and still have money left over.

Last edited:

Automobilist

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.transfueler.com
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good for you! Glad you like the deal you got.
I didn’t really care for the “premium” option.
I wanted cloth seats, and not a lot of gadgetry.
When I feel like I want to drive something fancier, I drive my Aston Martin or vintage Mercedes SL.

QUOTE="VooDooDaddy, post: 2540888, member: 32778"]Very well, but I'm going to hazard a guess that your new, $27K GT was a base GT, sans leather and all the other Premium features?

For comparison's sake, in late Oct. of 2017, I paid $24K for my barely used 2016 GT Premium with Black accent package..., and I say barely used because at the time of purchase my car had exactly 615 miles on the odometer, and it was in absolutely perfect condition. Sticker was just over $42K.

While I doubt the original buyer paid $42K for the car, even if he/she received a sizable discount on the car when new, they still probably paid somewhere on the order of $12K more than I did?? When I can save $12K on a car, I don't need a phuckin' warranty, because with that huge of a savings I could afford to replace the entire drive train and still have money left over.[/QUOTE]

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If you get the 301A package you still get the larger screen and the drive modes. Those were biggies for me. I prefer cloth seats but I wanted a tan interior and that was only offered in leather.

Things like the pony projection lights and illuminated door sills are cool things on the Premium, but frivolous. Same with the universal garage door opener, but I kinda like that too.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
If you have the money buy whatever you want. If you don't, probably better to buy used and save the money you can't afford. Problem is, people finance way out of their budget, that's why buying new gets a bad rap. I have owned one brand new car in my entire life and it's the Mustang on my avatar. I couldn't afford it before now but I got exactly what I wanted. If you have the money buying new creates jobs and drives the economy. Please do! There are no used cars unless someone buys new first.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The seats in my Mustang certainly are cooled and not a gimmick at all.
The ones in my old ecoboost cooled just okay. The bottom of the seat worked pretty well, but I was disappointed in the seat back.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The ones in my old ecoboost cooled just okay. The bottom of the seat worked pretty well, but I was disappointed in the seat back.
Both of our cars have cooled seats and they are about the same. The lower back and bottom seats cool fine.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
They cool fine for about 15 minutes and then they warm your buns like a toaster oven...

Reactions: Ebm

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Hard to argue what is intrinsic value to a person. I would recommend research-decide what you want/can afford and search the market in your area for that car. Once you have it, all that matters is that you are happy.

PS: I have the cooled seats and so far like them. Work just as advertised by Ford.
Sponsored