Sponsored

What Dyno Tested "NA" Mods actually increase HP Above 500wp on 93 pump?

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium 10 speed, rapid red, pp1,
They're great for real world performance, but the only thing that affects the dyno is anything that has to rotate (i.e. wheels, tires, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, etc). The brakes will definitely help with unsprung weight (which is more beneficial than sprung weight).

Remember, the motor has to fight inertia to get all those things in the driveline rotating faster and faster and so anything that lessens that results in more effort going to spinning the dyno roller (or more power to accelerating the vehicle in the real world).

The lightened rotational components shows up in more drivetrain efficiency and less losses on the dyno.

Lighter brakes and anything that's not spinning is great, but won't help HP numbers, but is just as effective as more horsepower (takes more energy to accelerate a heavy vehicle).
I think for right now, my plan is e85 or e98 (e98 is cheaper than e85R LMAO), steeda 121 CAI, ported Bullit TB and IM, 1 7/8 Headers with FFE, Double H pipe, and stock active exhaust. I might do Cometic headgaskets, too. Should be close to a 500whp handling car. With lightening it up how I want, it will be quick for NA.
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Some mods that make you faster arent related to the power. stuff like lightweight drag pack wheels and tires or just lightweight normal wheels and tires, lightweight rotors, suspension can make you faster without increasing power. These mods also still work and improve your car if you do go FI. If I was modding a new gt or mach 1 and not wanting to buy a blower or make it a dedicated drag car, I would get baer eradispeed+ 2 piece slotted rotors, lightweight wheels like velgen lightweight series , good tires, adjustable coilovers, full 3" exhaust, some steeda suspension bracing. All that stuff would be usable and beneficial on a SC setup too. Lightweight wheels tires and rotors literally do add wheel HP , due to less drivetrain loss and they reduce weight at the same time..

Last edited:

deanm11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10
I think for right now, my plan is e85 or e98 (e98 is cheaper than e85R LMAO), steeda 121 CAI, ported Bullit TB and IM, 1 7/8 Headers with FFE, Double H pipe, and stock active exhaust. I might do Cometic headgaskets, too. Should be close to a 500whp handling car. With lightening it up how I want, it will be quick for NA.
Putting aside the head gaskets, the mean expectation would be more like 480whp SAE. I hope you do better and there's a few outliers... But in my two builds and in evaluating all the data out there, that's what I see. It makes for a good stout car especially with a little weight reduction. I'm now 520-525whp with Comp cams.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Putting aside the head gaskets, the mean expectation would be more like 480whp SAE. I hope you do better and there's a few outliers... But in my two builds and in evaluating all the data out there, that's what I see. It makes for a good stout car especially with a little weight reduction. I'm now 520-525whp with Comp cams.
Nice! I do believe cams are needed to reach 500+ rwhp. They’re also great to build upon for future power mods.

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium 10 speed, rapid red, pp1,
I was about 525 on my 15 with ported cj and comp stage 3s.

Idk if ima go cams on the setup im trying to go with.
Sponsored