benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No, just use the MY18 figures as a worse case scenario
Then I can't afford it comfortably. I was banking on the 8% discount. :(

If I go off the old finance figures without the discount then I'd need to cough up nearly £12,000 in cash. For some reason they wouldn't finance me without a shockingly high cash deposit where other manufacturers (coughkiacough) would let me go with as little as £1000. They already wanted £8,672 with the discount, and that was already pushing it. My deposit was £4,000 - coughing up another £8,000 by the expected October delivery date is, frankly, obscene.

If Ford hadn't cancelled the MY18 order I'd be fine-and-dandy. Thanks, Ford.

I'll see where I am financially by the end of the week.
Sponsored

LMLP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertable
Not quite today, more like "What did you do to you UK S550 Mustang yesterday", I did my first mod...

IMG_20180721_183116.jpg

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's so he can drive from the passenger seat to get that authentic Mustang driving experience :cwl:

Sponsored

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Finally finished my US style GT emblem install on the blank rear deck lid.

The emblem came with mounting tabs for factory decklids and after removing the tabs there wasn't much surface area to mount using 3m tape (as the emblem is hollow plastic) so I went all macgyver on it and filled the emblem with epoxy putty.

Can't believe how much this mod has cost in total... The decklid was reasonable at roughly 130 but the cheap plastic emblem from the US was 60 shipped!

Worth noting, I also ordered an emblem from china for £5 and ultimately got my money back - the finish was terrible.

Reason for getting a blank decklid and doing it the long way around is I wanted the option to install something a little 'custom' when I come to supercharge it. View attachment 293008
IMG_20180728_153244-1008x756.jpg
MVIMG_20180728_164656-1008x756.jpg
IMG_20180728_172043-1008x756.jpg
Point Blur_Jul282018_212831-960x720.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

drewzh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, Magnetic Grey, Magneride
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done :thumbsup:
What's that tape you're using and where'd you get it?
Thanks. The tape is from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Double-Wat...&qid=1532878093&sr=8-10&keywords=3m+foam+tape

I wouldn't say it's the best I've ever used though; the foam is a bit too thick for my liking (I think double sided tape without the foam would have worked better here) and when removing it, it leaves a horrible mess. It was also quite difficult to cut around the emblem with the stanley knife due to how tacky the tape is. But it happened to be exactly the right size and just what I had available at the time.

I think if I did it again, I'd probably place the emblem directly onto the bootlid and let the epoxy putty do the work.

Last edited:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Had to cancel my order today.

I didn't want to, but moving into and furnishing my first home is far more important than a swanky sports car, and the £4000 refund I'm getting will be spent on a new kitchen and some replacement living room furniture (it's an ex rental property, so it's in a bit of a sorry state). :piggybank:

In a year or so when the place is redecorated and my savings account is topped back up, I'll absolutely be looking for a sports car of some description again. Mustang GT and Stinger GTS are still top of my list. Four doors and a hatchback are looking mighty tempting over a two door Coupé, it has to be said. :lipssealed:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

I didn't want to, but moving into and furnishing my first home is far more important than a swanky sports car, and the £4000 refund I'm getting will be spent on a new kitchen and some replacement living room furniture (it's an ex rental property, so it's in a bit of a sorry state). :piggybank:

In a year or so when the place is redecorated and my savings account is topped back up, I'll absolutely be looking for a sports car of some description again. Mustang GT and Stinger GTS are still top of my list. Four doors and a hatchback are looking mighty tempting over a two door Coupé, it has to be said. :lipssealed:
If it makes you feel any better - and I can appreciate that the opinion of a 49 year old may not - you've made the right decision :like:
There'll be plenty opportunity to get a nice car but it's NEVER too early to get on the property ladder.

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

That’s a shame, but you got to do what you got to do :like:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
There'll be plenty opportunity to get a nice car but it's NEVER too early to get on the property ladder.
Absolutely. I've just turned 29 this month, so I think I've overstayed my welcome in my parent's house. :cwl:
I don't want to end up like my neighbour; nice Lotus Exige 350 on his parent's driveway, but he's closer to 40 than 30. :facepalm:

That’s a shame, but you got to do what you got to do :like:
"What you got to do" equates to "a working cooker"!
At least the boiler works and all the wiring and plumbing has already been done. Keep a grand to the side to redo the driveway. :like:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
if someones quoted you 1k to do your drive way properly send them my way i've just had a quote that made me die a little inside.
I just pulled a number out of my backside. I haven't even begun to look up anything regarding the driveway.
It does desperately need doing, though. It's one of those 70s/80s style drives with two rows of concrete slabs. As expected, weeds have grown between them and the slabs are cracked, wonky, or both.

Actual picture of said drive from Streetview. The garage has actually been rebuilt since this picture was taken.
rE6Rtv1.jpg

It's a bloody long driveway, too! So it'll probably cost me both legs and a kidney.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I just pulled a number out of my backside. I haven't even begun to look up anything regarding the driveway.
It does desperately need doing, though. It's one of those 70s/80s style drives with two rows of concrete slabs. As expected, weeds have grown between them and the slabs are cracked, wonky, or both.

Actual picture of said drive from Streetview. The garage has actually been rebuilt since this picture was taken.
rE6Rtv1.jpg

It's a bloody long driveway, too! So it'll probably cost me both legs and a kidney.
Get a shovel, and some self leveling concrete and DIY :p
Sponsored