Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Drove itšŸ˜Ž The MGW is so satisfying to use, no slop whatsoever, super precise and a really nice solid feel to it. The exhaust noise is vastly improved as well, it's still loud but the baffles have really taken the edge off the nasty rasp that was present on WOT. All in all a very happy man, due to pick up some RTR Tech 5s in gloss black from Nemesis next week toošŸ‘
20231206_092852.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
drove it to the shops nice and early to avoid the crowds. Weather crap, jet washes all closed (happens every year this time of the year), peeing down outside and the car gets carpet bombed by something that ate a left over curry from someone's Friday night out. Sigh.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
was dry this morning after quick run to shops sooo washed it down on the driveway. Aye, missed bits and did a piss poor job drying it but the dirt and salt is washed off :thumbsup: See what it looks like once dried haha

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
The hard scratchy plastic centre tunnel console always bothered me. I found a pleather one with armrest on EBay, made a cheeky offer and got it!
For the money I canā€™t be too annoyed but it was a Bullitt console, so the stitching is green, no mention on the ad and the pics werenā€™t clear so a bit of a punt really.
No matter, itā€™s in great shape and Iā€™ll dye the stitching black

IMG_6645.jpeg

Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Now this is a very stressful job, drilling holes in you new Carbon hood for hood pins
IMG_7025.jpeg

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Hood pins all finished and looking good šŸ‘ and what a difference they make, hood is now solid as a rock, before if you went above 70 it would flutter
IMG_7042.jpeg

IMG_7034.jpeg

IMG_7042.jpeg

mike3105

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 (pre-FL) manual GT
IMG_1849.jpeg

glad she/her is finally finished and back home before the holidays
That looks awesome in White!

Make sure you take the bonnet insulation off ASAP if itā€™s still on, as it marks the painted ones as it rubs a teenie bit in two specific places.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Quite the day yesterday! Got in the car to head to the office, battery very dead. Tried my rechargeable jump starter, not enough charge. Walked away, locking my work stuff in the car in the process, had to get the key blade out and go through that faff!
Got it jumped though, impressed that the battery lasted this long (6.5 years!) About to order one of these https://www.tayna.co.uk/car-batteries/yuasa/ybx5075/ which came up in another thread so I know it will fit.

After many months, I've now rounded up all my detailing supplies and unpacked into the shed. More organisation needed, but when the weather hits, I can finally get a wash in!

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
hoovered the front mats, drivers side was particularly manky. Now free of debris and dirt and mostly clean. Can't really wash the outside as the water will freeze on contact lol. Least we're dry.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
so in years gone by o previous cars I've protected the coolant radiator with a wire mesh held on the back side of the bumper intake which has caught and stopped most of the stones etc going through the bumper opening and trashing the radiator behind it. The pre face lift mustangs however are not that easy to drop a mesh down inside the radiators as we have some sort of cover lying flat above the air con and coolant radiators which is under the radiator panel which unclips. I had dropped a woven mesh in there on a bit of bodge job and had it held on the undertray by some er cavity wall spring clips. Well looking at the car as I was giving it the once over i couldn't see the mesh no more so i thought ok where's it gone. Turns out it's now resting against the air con radiator but still intact so i just put the radiator panel back on and locked the car lol. My phone was charging so no pics of my er handiwork.
Does anyone else protect their radiators with a mesh of just accept they'll get them trashed by road debris ?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Does anyone else protect their radiators with a mesh of just accept they'll get them trashed by road debris ?
I take my chances. Haven't lost one yet. But I keep my distance behind anything in front, so reasonably safe from anything that can't stay airborne on its own. Mostly for paint protection but radiator benefits too. Helps to be retired for decades so no commuting.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
First wash under the new carport today, long long overdue wash but it went well!
Sponsored