Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
It went okay. The install procedure is terrible in that it leaves you guessing if it is done yet. After the first re-boot, it looks "normal" but it is still updating. Wish Ford would have an install bar at all times.

Eventually, the updating system software message returns and finally get a dialog box telling you the install is done and will take affect on the next power cycle and to pull out the USB drive. Turn off for a few minutes and turn back on and it's done.

Don't forget to go back to the My Ford website with the USB drive to upload an xml file to let Ford know you have updated your car.

I then setup the automatic update via wireless connection to my home network. Will see if that works in the future.
Thanks for the tips! WiFi has not worked for me. Will try USB method. Things are fine for me on build 17276 so maybe I will forgo any updates.
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Went to my first autocross in probably 18 years. Finished last in class, but had a blast.

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
A cheap and easy mod to keep pesky insurance moles from snapping pics of my VIN.

27767354848_8a3979ebd9_b.jpg

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

Sponsored

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
Thanks for the tips! WiFi has not worked for me. Will try USB method. Things are fine for me on build 17276 so maybe I will forgo any updates.
For what it’s worth, I never got a WiFi update to work. I have updated twice with USB, with minor issues. In short, I had to make two attempts both times, but it finally loaded. I’m on 3.0 now, and all is good.

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
Today the weather finally allowed me to get my car out of winter storage and drive it home. Here's the new steering wheel installed.

From CJ Pony Parts. It is very nice to use, too. Also, updated Sync 3 to v3.0.
Where did you get the pony mat by the USB?? :headbang:

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT
A cheap and easy mod to keep pesky insurance moles from snapping pics of my VIN.

27767354848_8a3979ebd9_b.jpg
LoL. Hella illegal FYI. It's a good way to get your car impounded by PD.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/511

(d) For purposes of subsection (a) of this section, the term “tampers with” includes covering a program decal or device affixed to a motor vehicle pursuant to the Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Act for the purpose of obstructing its visibility.

Sponsored

BradleyMac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, 2015 Lincoln MKC & 2010 F150
Drove to West Bend WI to attend the Wisconsin Car Enthusiasts Club Season Opener. Met up with Ben 2015DIBGT. Ben was part of the inside showcase. Here are a few pics of his ride. The show was packed (over 1200 cars), in fact got there late and the meet and greet area was full so could not park onsite. Was still worth the drive to see a lot of cool rides
Wow, thats low. Looks like your front wheels would contact the wheel well when fully turned?

MasterCylinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(sold)17 GT

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
LoL. Hella illegal FYI. It's a good way to get your car impounded by PD.
I've seen parked vehicles that have papers covering their VINs get towed. Soooo
I think you're misunderstanding when he's covering this up, and it wouldn't be in publicly accessible areas or areas the police would be checking; He's doing when he may be at a track, or otherwise doesn't want people scanning his VIN on private property. The same places people take their license plates off.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
ordered Stiffler's DriveShaft Safety Loop.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Well I was going to try to add some tape along the front/side splitters this morning but as I was stepping out the door, it started pouring so that'll be a project for another day I guess lol
Sponsored