Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Daily Driving

This is why I don't daily my mustang. Glad you were able to catch it before a trip to the pdr guy was necessary.
Yeah same here, I take her out two days a week. Any two days as long as its not raining plenty of sunshine and never ever during heavy traffic hours in Miami.
Drivers down here don't know how to drive a car much less obey local traffic laws.

:(
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, when I bought my car it had the front license plate holder installed. While normally the dealership I purchased from doesn't put them on, they had my car through a trade and that dealer did. So, today BumperPlugs arrived and installed. In person, they are noticeable but the color is a perfect match and it looks better than two black holes. Sorry for the crappy pictures!
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Rotated the tires and swapped out the chrome lugs for Gorilla black ones. The rims look much better all blacked out now, IMO.

texasboy21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP. 2005.5 Audi A4, 1983 Silverado
Unfortunately, when I bought my car it had the front license plate holder installed. While normally the dealership I purchased from doesn't put them on, they had my car through a trade and that dealer did. So, today BumperPlugs arrived and installed. In person, they are noticeable but the color is a perfect match and it looks better than two black holes. Sorry for the crappy pictures!
Which plate mount do you plan on going with?

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT

Sponsored

jordystang69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Did you have to drill the factory holes bigger to fit the plugs? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing them. If i wanted to reinstall the bracket the hole would be too big.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Did you have to drill the factory holes bigger to fit the plugs? That's the only thing holding me back from purchasing them. If i wanted to reinstall the bracket the hole would be too big.
Every so slightly I did - a hairs width to get them to fit without a ton of force. You could always do an under bumper mount if you really want a front plate at some point.

CompOface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Comp Orange / Daily 2010 F-150 5.4L
Or Craig's bracket if you are worried about scraping an under bumper mount... anything but the OEM plate mount if you can help it

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Bravo! That install with the extra carpeting in spare tire area takes it up a notch.
Thanks. There is sound deadner under all of that. Really quiets the car down. None of that ever get seen except maybe at a car show which I rarely go to.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the 1" spacers from the front, changed the oil, and washed / waxed the wheels.
What made you take off the spacers?

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Uploaded my Lund base flex fuel tune tonight and did some logs for them! Excited so far!

TURTL3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LB Mustang 3.7 6MT
Put another tank of 93 in it. Been giving her the good stuff to prepare for a MPT PRX 93 tune that I plan on getting soon. Seems like I'm getting more timing. Smoother acceleration and less harsh engine braking. Less pops and crackles when off throttle. Excited to get the tune.

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
I like the way the wheel / tire sets with the spacers on both the front and rear, there wasn't any vibration or problems. The car was already on stands for the oil change so I took them off the front until I can get splash guards. (Didn't want to take the chance of getting rock chips).
Any idea which splash guards you're getting? The reason I've held off on spacers is because of the same concerns. I daily drive my car, and I already have chips all over the bumper and mirrors, the last thing I want are rock chips all down the sides of the car too.
Sponsored