Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
So big day for the pony car. Following bits installed by JAX in Mitchell Canberra

6G 20 x 10 seven spoke gloss black rims (front), 20 x 11 (rear) and Michelin boots 275/35/20 front and 295/35/20 rear.
White line sway bars front and rear on soft setting
BMR Spherical bearings (rear)
BMR adjustable toe rods
BMR front K brace
Lowered 25mm all round on Vogtland adjustable coilover kit

Next level handling. More to follow with better picks. I'd just say that the installer did a brilliant job

IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0929.JPG
IMG_0930.JPG
IMG_0926.JPG
Sweet ride mate, wanna come over and help me install some IRS braces, H-Pipe and some lowering springs? lol. Since your in Canberra and all :p Free food and drinks!! :):):)

Who done your installs? Im looking for someone to install my bits.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Sweet ride mate, wanna come over and help me install some IRS braces, H-Pipe and some lowering springs? lol. Since your in Canberra and all :p Free food and drinks!! :):):)

Who done your installs? Im looking for someone to install my bits.
Hi mate

Go to JAX in Mitchell and tell them that Paul sent you. The mods that you are looking to add are the kind of thing that their senior tech does. I'm now two weeks out from install and there are no squeaks, creaks or rattles and the thing is just a joy to drive. :like:

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
New clutch and flywheel install, rated at 1000hp much better than the old one.

48534505081_e8d7fe5fb4_b.jpg

48534655537_638cdf0169_b.jpg

Old fly wheel verses the new, The RXT clutch will not work with the factory flywheel as the relief in the center is to large and will result in premature wear of the bottom disc.

48534654417_062c4c0a4b_b.jpg

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Awesome

Can I ask what prompted the change? And where from and how much?
Not a problem at all, the kit is from outlaw speed shop and cost around $2160 ish. With the whipple pumping out around 750rwhp it's only a matter of time before I killed the stock clutch. Reviews on this unit are pretty good with a as stock feel. Very interested in how it performs.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi mate

Go to JAX in Mitchell and tell them that Paul sent you. The mods that you are looking to add are the kind of thing that their senior tech does. I'm now two weeks out from install and there are no squeaks, creaks or rattles and the thing is just a joy to drive. :like:
Nice, thanks for that. Mitchell is close also as I am in Gunners.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
New clutch and flywheel install, rated at 1000hp much better than the old one.

48534505081_e8d7fe5fb4_b.jpg

48534655537_638cdf0169_b.jpg

Old fly wheel verses the new, The RXT clutch will not work with the factory flywheel as the relief in the center is to large and will result in premature wear of the bottom disc.

48534654417_062c4c0a4b_b.jpg
Not a problem at all, the kit is from outlaw speed shop and cost around $2160 ish. With the whipple pumping out around 750rwhp it's only a matter of time before I killed the stock clutch. Reviews on this unit are pretty good with a as stock feel. Very interested in how it performs.
Ah right didn't realise you had the blower. Fair play. Love the look of your car :like:

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Nice, thanks for that. Mitchell is close also as I am in Gunners.
Talking to them they have worked on at least one other supercharged mustang so it should be no problem. They also fitted the cradle lock out kit from BMR, cold air inlet and throttle body spacer

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Talking to them they have worked on at least one other supercharged mustang so it should be no problem. They also fitted the cradle lock out kit from BMR, cold air inlet and throttle body spacer
Beauty, thanks mate. Will contact them to arrange installs.

Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Added a AEM Dryflow Air Filter today. I would be joking if I said I could tell a performance increase, but the has been a slight increase in induction note especially on rev matched downshifts. :)

0p.jpg

0pp.jpg

0ppp.jpg

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Washed the car today and got to use my new glass cleaning toy. I saw it on S550 facebook site recently and thought I would give it a try. $27 from Supercheap. It has a flexible head and worked great for getting right down to the base of the rear and front windscreens. It comes with two removable microfiber cloths but I only used one to clean the glass and a separate hand held microfibre cloth to polish off. I guess the idea is to change the supplied cloths to do the polish but I thought that was too much work when going around all the windows. And besides, the gizmo has a sponge pad under the fitted cloth and I thought that may have gotten too wet to allow polishing. The brand is Invisible Glass.
All in all it was easier than being a circus contortionist in that back seat.
New Glass Cleaner 1.jpg