Wengerd Performance and Tuning

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Basically the issue this car is having is from what I have been told (when in manual mode) it is auto upshifting 3-4 when wot or something down that line.

While it's a very small issue it even does it stock.

As far as coding the tune to the car you are talking about a option We have to protect tuning by modifying the OS of the vehicle and your device for some unknown reason wouldn't load the tune and said unlicensed vehicle.

That is not a issue on our end but we went and sent a stock os file anyways so you could load it which no other tuners would do.

Usually when this happens you can go to Documents/hptuners/settings and delete the license.dat file, reopen RTD flasher and it fixes that glitch.

We tried multiple revisions to see if anything changes and haven't seen anything.

We have never had a issue with the 6r80 before and most people roll in manual mode then move the gear selector to auto when roll racing.

We are testing a few things in person but have yet to have this issue.

Looking back over the logs it is only auto shifting when you are at part throttle .

You were at roughly 30 percent throttle and shifted for 3-4 then when it shifted you went 100 percent throttle and it back shifted to 3.

If you are in Drive and bump the paddles you will only be in manual mode for 3 sec (if steady state) and it will go back to auto shifting.

When in sport (gear selector to S) they will keep the target gear and not swap to auto if no paddle input for 3 sec .

I see it actually does not auto upshift at wot but when you were at part throttle and when it upshifted you went to 100 percent and it downshift again.

As far as replys you were getting replies yesterday (Sunday) so I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from there...

We just sent a revision so give it a shot
I'm just a spectator in this thread. However, when I go with an aftermarket tune it will most certainly be this company. Your customer service as well as your quality of work is what we've been missing in this world for decades now.
Give these guys a round of applause!!
Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Basically the issue this car is having is from what I have been told (when in manual mode) it is auto upshifting 3-4 when wot or something down that line.

As far as coding the tune to the car you are talking about a option We have to protect tuning by modifying the OS of the vehicle and your device for some unknown reason wouldn't load the tune and said unlicensed vehicle.

That is not a issue on our end but we went and sent a stock os file anyways so you could load it which no other tuners would do.

Usually when this happens you can go to Documents/hptuners/settings and delete the license.dat file, reopen RTD flasher and it fixes that glitch.

We tried multiple revisions to see if anything changes and haven't seen anything.

We have never had a issue with the 6r80 before and most people roll in manual mode then move the gear selector to auto when roll racing.

Looking back over the logs it is only auto shifting when you are at part throttle .

You were at roughly 30 percent throttle and shifted for 3-4 then when it shifted you went 100 percent throttle and it back shifted to 3.

If you are in Drive and bump the paddles you will only be in manual mode for 3 sec (if steady state) and it will go back to auto shifting.

When in sport (gear selector to S) they will keep the target gear and not swap to auto if no paddle input for 3 sec .

I see it actually does not auto upshift at wot but when you were at part throttle and when it upshifted you went to 100 percent and it downshift again.

As far as replys you were getting replies yesterday (Sunday) so I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from there...

I put 2 of your comments in BOLD. The 1st one might be his he problem he went more than the 3 seconds and got the upshift? Happened to me when I was 10r80. Thinking he is new to the trans?

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I'm just a spectator in this thread. However, when I go with an aftermarket tune it will most certainly be this company. Your customer service as well as your quality of work is what we've been missing in this world for decades now.
Give these guys a round of applause!!
Tuners do not have an easy job and I am sure they get frustrated with customers from time to time. (I know they have with me :wink:) Guys pecking at them for revisions as in want it now and issues that are not tune related. Mechanical issues will drive tuners bonkers. And yes I agree they need a round of applause!!!!!

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium

Thanks for the response and clarification of the tune not being able to load into the car. I appreciate you guys doing what you did.

As far as the responses it was just a few times where I felt like I didn't get a response for a while. Maybe I am overexaggerating it in my memory. And to be fair to you guys, you have been good at responding recently.

Also as I want to be fair to Wengerd they did try to help me out with making a tune that would have more burbles then their base tune, for free. I really appreciate them trying.

I recorded some new logs and sent them to you.
I wanted to give some clarification for others regarding the issue I am having:
When the gear selector is in sport and I am using paddle shifters, on the shift from 3rd to 4th (after about 7k rpm and wot) the car will shift to 4th then automatically shift to 5th after about half a second. Once I let off the throttle the car will wait about 2 seconds then automatically shift from 5th to 4th. This is all while the car isn't suppose to shift for you.

Here is a data log screenshot of it happening:
logScreenshot.png

The orange arrow is when I shift from third to forth. You can see the rpm drop as it goes to 4th gear. At the green arrow you can see it automatically shift from 4th to 5th. That whole time I am going wot as you can see by the inj duty %.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I put 2 of your comments in BOLD. The 1st one might be his he problem he went more than the 3 seconds and got the upshift? Happened to me when I was 10r80. Thinking he is new to the trans?
I wish it was that simple and I know they keep bringing it up, but I promise I have the gear selector in sport. I quickly figured out that the gears wont stay while in drive, and I have been driving the car in sport ever since.

Sponsored

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Tuners do not have an easy job and I am sure they get frustrated with customers from time to time. (I know they have with me :wink:) Guys pecking at them for revisions as in want it now and issues that are not tune related. Mechanical issues will drive tuners bonkers. And yes I agree they need a round of applause!!!!!
Yes, I'm sure they mean well and maybe we have just not been having good communication / them and me getting frustrated with this issue.

I don't think it is mechanical as it only happens from 3-4 and only 7k+ rpm while wot. Plus Lund did say they have experienced this and their tunes will not do this.

I want to stick with Wengerd as they do seem to be nice people and I want the personal-ness that a smaller shop will give. Plus they don't charge a ridiculous amount for tune updates which is much appreciated.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Thanks for the response and clarification of the tune not being able to load into the car. I appreciate you guys doing what you did.

As far as the responses it was just a few times where I felt like I didn't get a response for a while. Maybe I am overexaggerating it in my memory. And to be fair to you guys, you have been good at responding recently.

Also as I want to be fair to Wengerd they did try to help me out with making a tune that would have more burbles then their base tune, for free. I really appreciate them trying.

I recorded some new logs and sent them to you.
I wanted to give some clarification for others regarding the issue I am having:
When the gear selector is in sport and I am using paddle shifters, on the shift from 3rd to 4th (after about 7k rpm and wot) the car will shift to 4th then automatically shift to 5th after about half a second. Once I let off the throttle the car will wait about 2 seconds then automatically shift from 5th to 4th. This is all while the car isn't suppose to shift for you.

Here is a data log screenshot of it happening:
logScreenshot.png

The orange arrow is when I shift from third to forth. You can see the rpm drop as it goes to 4th gear. At the green arrow you can see it automatically shift from 4th to 5th. That whole time I am going wot as you can see by the inj duty %.
Wow!! not as uncommon as some might think
My 2019 GT Premium 401a PP1 with 1100 miles did the exact same thing earlier this year. I thought it was quick shifting from 3-4 and then an immediate quick shift into 5th, but could have been 4-5 and then an immediate quick shift into 6th, it happened when I hit about 7000rpm. I was not using paddle shifting but was in Sport+. I made an appointment with my dealership but later canceled due to I just didnt have time to drop it off. I did bring this up to a couple of tuners which said they could correct but again, I am waiting for my mods this winter before going with a new Tune. Please get back with me if you get this figured out.
Thanks

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Wow!! not as uncommon as some might think
My 2019 GT Premium 401a PP1 with 1100 miles did the exact same thing earlier this year. I thought it was quick shifting from 3-4 and then an immediate quick shift into 5th, but could have been 4-5 and then an immediate quick shift into 6th, it happened when I hit about 7000rpm. I was not using paddle shifting but was in Sport+. I made an appointment with my dealership but later canceled due to I just didnt have time to drop it off. I did bring this up to a couple of tuners which said they could correct but again, I am waiting for my mods this winter before going with a new Tune. Please get back with me if you get this figured out.
Thanks
Good to hear, except that you have the 10 speed and I have a 6 speed. I assume it is probably very different tuning wise.

As for the issue, it only happens to me when using paddle shifters, when I am in auto I have not experienced a problem with the shiting.

Hopefully, Wengerd can get my issue sorted out and your tuner can do the same!

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Good to hear, except that you have the 10 speed and I have a 6 speed. I assume it is probably very different tuning wise.

As for the issue, it only happens to me when using paddle shifters, when I am in auto I have not experienced a problem with the shiting.

I hope so. Good luck

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Here we go...

20211123_180025.jpg

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)

Wengerd sent you a revision. Did it fix it?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Wengerd strikes again! I’ve made it clear on this post before about how they have the best customer service I’ve ever experienced. Well they stepped it up even higher today. I’ve had issues with logging with HP Tuners using Wengerd’s preferred channels. I got a surprise email on Sunday of all days to try something which unfortunately didn’t work but I was completely caught off guard because it was Sunday. So today they remote logged onto my laptop and fixed the issue I was having and now I can log with their channels to get the best tune possible. They have once again exceeded every expectation I had of them and I can’t thank them enough for all their help. Now if they could just find a way for me to trade in my older RTD unit for one of their new ones I’d be completely over the top!

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Wengerd sent you a revision. Did it fix it?
The first one didn't.

We remote tied in and added additional pids to log to try and pinpoint the issue.

We sent a revision based on that log and are waiting to hear back.

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Well I just came back from driving the car with the 93 Tune (AWE-tuning catback, KN drop-in filter).

Let me tell you guys, I am in no way affiliated/sponsored or received any special discounts from @Wengerd Performance. I paid full price for the RTD+ and the tuning. I first knew of Darryl after watching him tuning Mustangs for Speed Addict 731 and then here on the forum. Now, the level of customer service and attention from Darryl is top-notch. I paid for the 93 tuning on Sunday and a few minutes later received an email from Darryl with instructions on how to setup the RTD+ and the Read process. He spent around 1.5 hours telling me what to do and how to do it. On a sunday afternoon! I am a newbie with the device and had an issue with the setup/wifi on my end.

Didnt have time yesterday to work on it so we started again today. Did the READ step, sent the stock file to Darryl and around 50min later got an email with the 93 tune. All I can say is abso_f@c$in-lutely amazing. The transmission feels and shifts smoothly. The car pulls amazing. It is a night and day difference.

JStrib

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John-Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Chiming in as well on the excellent service. Ordered an RTD+ with credits and a flex tune on a Thursday, went out, overnight mind you, same day. It's all loaded up now and pulling a freight train...As much as a mild bolt on NA car can anyway.

Wengerd tuning on an RTD+ with an iPhone FTW!!
Sponsored