Sponsored

Watch out for little old ladies driving huge 4 door BMW 7 series

skytop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Yes, don't under estiamte the little old lady from Pasadena when she is driving the new BMW Alpina B7 xDrive 4 door yacht. This Beemer is sporting 600 H.P. and powers itself to 60 mph in a scant 3.6 seconds. Even the Wipple equipped Mustangs had best be wary of this witches brew of German sleeper technology.

It astonishes me that most all luxury makers are now using aggressive superchargers and turbochargers to convert their innocent looking grocery geters into premium leather equipped street dragsters. Growing up, we used to say 'there is not replacement for displacement" but today, it is "there is not replacement for cubic cash."

2017 BMW Alpina B7 xDrive Revealed With 600 Horsepower

Viknesh Vijayenthiran

Feb 8, 2016

For BMW fans lamenting the automaker’s decision not to build an M7, take solace in the fact that semi-official tuner Alpina, which has been making BMWs go faster for more than 50 years now, offers up a genuine alternative in the form of the B7 xDrive. Now a new generation of the BMW Alpina B7 xDrive has arrived. The car is set to go on sale in September, as a 2017 model, and we’ll get our first look at it during this week’s 2016 Chicago Auto Show.
The current B7 xDrive, with its 540 horsepower and 538 pound-feet of torque, is certainly no slouch. However, with Mercedes-AMG’s S63 packing 577 hp and now Audi’s S8 Plus packing as much as 605 hp, Alpina’s engineers knew they needed a proper response. Thankfully, they’ve delivered in full with the latest B7 xDrive. The car shares its twin-turbocharged 4.4-liter V-8 with the 750i but instead of a stock 445 hp the Alpina engineers managed to dial things up to 600 hp. Torque is up at 590 lb-ft. Also lifted from the standard 750i is an eight-speed automatic, albeit modified with Alpina’s own shift programs.

As you may have guessed, the resulting performance figures are remarkable. Alpina claims a 0-60 mph time of just 3.6 seconds, making this luxurious, full-size sedan quicker than most sports cars. The top speed is an estimated 193 mph. The good news is that engine response is excellent throughout the rev range. That’s because the engine, which features Alpina’s own intake, intercooler and turbocharger designs, is already delivering as much as 494 lb-ft below 2,000 rpm.

Sponsored

Last edited:

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I can afford to buy it, but I can't afford to own it......

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
600 hp and AWD :thumbsup:

Won't be cheap to buy or maintain though. This will require a bit more than your average social security check

Pa-fatboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium; 1966 Mustang, 1996 Dodge Ram 1500
Autoban driving is fun in these machines. I used to have an apartment in DĂĽsseldorf. Driving an hour to work each day at 120mph does not get old, ever. Driving this beast would be amazing. The fastest car I ever saw was green. That's all I know of it. I was dong 100mph, it past me in the left lane so fast, I saw a green streak, and then had to fight the wind that car was pushing. BIG HORSEPOWER. I looked up, and he was gone. This car looks like it could do that.
Sponsored