-Ammo spit emergency shine
-Carpro Perl on the tyres and plastic trim
-Carpro hydo2 lite for sealing arch liners or reload on windows/wheels/etc

Exterior Protection that will be going on the Mustang
-Ammo reflex
-Ammo skin
-Collinite 815
-Nanolex Glass sealant system

**not a fan of perm. coatings as they still swirl up and I'd prefer to just ensure the car is well waxed.

Interior
-Ammo Lather
-Ammo moose leather conditioner

Currently using the Obsessed Garage microfiber towel system which is awesome.

Also looking for a good tyre a rubber cleaner available locally so if anyone knows let me know! Adams is all I can find yet they charge $20 for shipping a $23 product so I won't buy it on principle.
Clearly my detailing Fu is not yet strong :-) I have the Adams product on the way for tyres and rubber - but it was part of a (much) bigger order with Adams Australia. I have also 'invested' in a bulk order of micro fibre towels from the chemical guys. Next on the list for me is the polishing machine from Adams (or the DA6-Pro) that is sold elsewhere.
Sponsored

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Clearly my detailing Fu is not yet strong :-) I have the Adams product on the way for tyres and rubber - but it was part of a (much) bigger order with Adams Australia. I have also 'invested' in a bulk order of micro fibre towels from the chemical guys. Next on the list for me is the polishing machine from Adams (or the DA6-Pro) that is sold elsewhere.
I have placed quite a few big orders from Adams over the years (more than I care to admit!) but have slowly moved away from their products. I am by no means a professional, far, far from it. I just like to try different stuff. I actually have a DA6-Pro that has been sitting in its box for over 12 months lol. I might use it one day. I just don't like the idea of committing hours to prepping and polishing a vehicle (read: my wife doesn't like the idea). I do enjoy the last step protection and ongoing maintenance though so I will probably farm out the paint correction to a pro detailer when I get my car.

Let me know what you think of the Tyre and Rubber cleaner :thumbsup:

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Next on the list for me is the polishing machine from Adams (or the DA6-Pro) that is sold elsewhere.
Haven't looked into the Adams one at all but I ended up buying a Shinemate. Was a bit of a gamble as I hadn't heard of them and the name sounds dodgy but some pro detailers reviewed them favourably. Pretty happy with it. Larger 12mm orbital so works a bit quicker.

Did the first pass over dads neglected Forester this past weekend and worked pretty well.

Before
swirls.jpg

After
forester.jpg

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
I have placed quite a few big orders from Adams over the years (more than I care to admit!) but have slowly moved away from their products. I am by no means a professional, far, far from it. I just like to try different stuff. I actually have a DA6-Pro that has been sitting in its box for over 12 months lol. I might use it one day. I just don't like the idea of committing hours to prepping and polishing a vehicle (read: my wife doesn't like the idea). I do enjoy the last step protection and ongoing maintenance though so I will probably farm out the paint correction to a pro detailer when I get my car.

I'll let you know how the tyre cleaner goes (should be here this week).

For me I really admire the skill level required to do this kind of stuff and there is a part of me that just wants to learn new things. My wife likes the idea of a detailed car and I like the idea of detailing with a coffee on the workbench listening to the football on a sunday. Oh and it's therapy for my obsessive compulsive disorder :)

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue

The tyre and rubber cleaner works well, much better than using their all purpose cleaner.

Depending on how much product and grime are on your tyres, a second hit is sometimes required but it certainly leaves your tyres clean.

I use it to clean all the plastic surrounding the bottom of our cars like the splitter and side rockers then lay some VRT down

Sponsored

fordtj69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 and 2016 & 2017 fastbacks
just changed to juice products done the comp orange which is one year old came up better then new no swirls and high gloss the grabber don't need much but no swirls now there products are waterbased and easy to use won me over
cheers tim

Alzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT fastback
https://www.carcareproducts.com.au

Visited their Melbourne store today and bought various products.
Great service & honest advice.
They also do professional paint correction and Gyeon Ceramic Quartz Coating, offering a 5 year warranty. Prices start at around $900 for Stangs.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25% off at Super Cheap Auto until midnight Wed with coupon Mayhem so if you use any of the off the shelf products it might be a good chance to stock up. I grabbed some of the Bowdens Own Snow Job which I've been wanting to try as I can't find a review of it anywhere. See if it works better than Meguiars Soft Wash Gel which actually foams really nicely.

aussierob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROB
Vehicle(s)
2016 FORD MUSTANG GT MT MAGNETIC,RIDES YAMAHA R1
25% off at Super Cheap Auto until midnight Wed with coupon Mayhem so if you use any of the off the shelf products it might be a good chance to stock up. I grabbed some of the Bowdens Own Snow Job which I've been wanting to try as I can't find a review of it anywhere. See if it works better than Meguiars Soft Wash Gel which actually foams really nicely.
Saw a demo of several of the Bowdens Own products last week by Dan Bowden himself. The snow foam looked great. I will be converting to most of their products as they are a local QLD company, and their products look top notch quality.

I was also impressed that they review all of their products annually to continuously improve them!

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, spoke to Dan today. They've got a new version of Wheely Clean coming soon with improved odour. I'm also moving largely to their products with a few exceptions.

Sponsored

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy

Glad you like to try new products, I'm a firm believer to try brands until you find one that sticks and sits well with you. If there is anything I can do to assist you now or in future, let me know.

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy
just changed to juice products done the comp orange which is one year old came up better then new no swirls and high gloss the grabber don't need much but no swirls now there products are waterbased and easy to use won me over
cheers tim
Sounds like you've found a winner! Can I ask, we're the products applied by machine or by hand?

Water based products are important as you want to avoid the nasty additives

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Glad you like to try new products, I'm a firm believer to try brands until you find one that sticks and sits well with you. If there is anything I can do to assist you now or in future, let me know.

[MENTION=22620]Joseph@AdamsAU[/MENTION] The Adams wash pads, car shampoo (and now the tyre a rubber cleaner) are staples of my car washing regimen! Question, I'm still burning through a gallon of the old "deep wheel cleaner" but what are your thoughts on the new formula of wheel cleaner? What does it offer over the old one? I'll be interested to try it out once I've used up my gallon.

Joseph@AdamsAU

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.adamspolishes.com.au
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
VW Caddy
[MENTION=29474]spiller[/MENTION]

Well in case of the new Wheel Cleaner, it is a thicker formula which allows the solution to cling to wheel surfaces and allows the product to work well and melt away the stubborn brake dust. The original version ran off the wheels faster and customer feedback also wanted a change in the scent of the product as it is quite strong.

How much of the original formula gallon do you have left?

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
[MENTION=29474]spiller[/MENTION]

Well in case of the new Wheel Cleaner, it is a thicker formula which allows the solution to cling to wheel surfaces and allows the product to work well and melt away the stubborn brake dust. The original version ran off the wheels faster and customer feedback also wanted a change in the scent of the product as it is quite strong.

How much of the original formula gallon do you have left?
The scent never bothered me as all wheel cleaners smell pretty bad but the new one sounds promising. Without checking I reckon I still have about 2L of the old one to burn through.
Sponsored