OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
At first I thought you meant that there was an opening to the atmosphere in the garage, D, but now I see you only meant that it's not air-sealed and the extreme temps and humidity are pretty much the same as outside along with the DUST and other crap in the air. (I swear, I don't know WHERE it all comes from but we sure get a good coating in a very short time.)

Another word from Down Under. <grinning> What's a "faff"?
Faff -
Something that takes a lot of effort or causes slight problems.
FAFF | English meaning - Cambridge Dictionary

No, your first though was correct, the garage is open to the atmosphere. That also means no climate control. :facepalm:
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
No, your first though was correct, the garage is open to the atmosphere. That also means no climate control. :facepalm:
My garage is the same way, not totally sealed off, very dusty in there and we have these annoying bugs that come around right as the weather starts to get cold. They are harmless but they die off when it starts to frost and their carcasses are everywhere :( I blow them out of my garage a couple of times and they are gone fortunately. And that is why I got a shelving unit to bring all my chemicals and my pressure washer in the hosue so I don't have to "winterize" it. I have a small Karcher cube for now and it fits down inside a plastic tote perfectly so I just sit it and my DI tank over in the corner of my office space beside my detaliing shelving. MF towels, mits, pads, etc stay in totes in the garage, don't have room for everything inside LOL...

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
That also means no climate control.
Again, D, same here and even with the doors open in the summer, it's still pretty warm in there. I've thought about putting in an A/C unit but haven't done anything in the direction yet.

And that is why I got a shelving unit to bring all my chemicals and my pressure washer in the hosue
My wife would probably have a fit if I did that! <chuckling>

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
BTW, this showed up today and I'll be testing it out along with the orange gloves soon. The photo is a combination of two shots, front and back, not two gloves.

1701505240200.png

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
BTW, this showed up today and I'll be testing it out along with the orange gloves soon. The photo is a combination of two shots, front and back, not two gloves.

1701505240200.png
Yeah my Ex would as well I suppose. I guess that's one of the only joys of living alone in a 3 bedroom house :)

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Well heck, Alex, I can name three more.

- First, your PW and gear are safe for the winter..

- You don't have to put up with the nagging about it..

and,

You've got plenty MORE room for other important, but cold-sensitive, items. I'd say you're ahead of the game. <smile>

inspecto

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I need to try the Microfiber Madness wash pads, they certainly look good. Not that I need more wash pads..................... :facepalm:

As for the storage, my garage is not completely sealed from the outdoors, so I need to be mindful of how I store stuff that's going to touch the paint. It's a bit of a faff, but also helps keep towels organized.

IMG-6582.jpg

There are three things that transformed my detailing; a benchmark pressure washer, Swisstrax flooring and the sink! All three are equal in importance for me.

dec166.jpg

dec224.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

IMG-0134.jpg
I'd give my left nut for a garage like that. Very nice and well kept.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Mother Nature cooperated yesterday with some decent weather and I was able to get the gear out and give Sarah a much-needed bath. I took the opportunity to try out the two "gloves" that I posted about earlier.

Bottom line, neither glove was preferable to the wool pad from OG. The gloves do the job but there isn't as much contact area as there is with the woolies and it's not a quick task if you need to remove one to do something else. Also, the larger, (@WD Pro Grabber Lime, <grinning>) glove's MF "tentacles" get caught in the QC connection when switching outputs.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

1701860057180.png

1701860204508.png

The OG woolie pads are still my favorite, mainly because the contact area is larger saving time.

1701860358056.png

And while I'm on the subject, this is my goto brush for the sidewalls and if memory serves, you turned me on to this, D. <smile> It's perfect for the PS4S's.

1701861355979.png

When the wheels were finished, I foamed her, let it dwell for five minutes or so, then rinsed, washed, rinsed, and lastly, a final rinse with CR Spotless DIC-20 further softened water.

1701862583538.png

After running her back and forth in the driveway numerous times exercising the brakes, I pulled her Into the garage and gave her a blow dry with the MaxBlaster. Finally, I used OG's Tire Dressing on the tires. I REALLY like this stuff, every bit as much as CarPro Perl, and it's easier to apply and, less expensive. (It also has a great scent.) I've tried a couple different applicators but I found that a quality, two-inch paint brush works better than a foam block and slightly better than a detailing brush. (tends to hold more product)

1701861169092.png

When that was done, I got a Modello out of the "soda frig" then, backed her out and grabbed a few photos.

1701862689770.png

1701863380080.png

1701862411422.png

1701862848644.png

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Mother Nature cooperated yesterday with some decent weather and I was able to get the gear out and give Sarah a much-needed bath. I took the opportunity to try out the two "gloves" that I posted about earlier.

Bottom line, neither glove was preferable to the wool pad from OG. The gloves do the job but there isn't as much contact area as there is with the woolies and it's not a quick task if you need to remove one to do something else. Also, the larger, (@WD Pro Grabber Lime, <grinning>) glove's MF "tentacles" get caught in the QC connection when switching outputs.

1701860057180.png

1701860204508.png

The OG woolie pads are still my favorite, mainly because the contact area is larger saving time.

1701860358056.png

And while I'm on the subject, this is my goto brush for the sidewalls and if memory serves, you turned me on to this, D. <smile> It's perfect for the PS4S's.

1701861355979.png

When the wheels were finished, I foamed her, let it dwell for five minutes or so, then rinsed, washed, rinsed, and lastly, a final rinse with CR Spotless DIC-20 further softened water.

1701862583538.png

After running her back and forth in the driveway numerous times exercising the brakes, I pulled her Into the garage and gave her a blow dry with the MaxBlaster. Finally, I used OG's Tire Dressing on the tires. I REALLY like this stuff, every bit as much as CarPro Perl, and it's easier to apply and, less expensive. (It also has a great scent.) I've tried a couple different applicators but I found that a quality, two-inch paint brush works better than a foam block and slightly better than a detailing brush. (tends to hold more product)

1701861169092.png

When that was done, I got a Modello out of the "soda frig" then, backed her out and grabbed a few photos.

1701862689770.png

1701863380080.png

1701862411422.png

1701862848644.png
I definitely concur on the tire brush. The detail factory works great. And is the perfect size. Just the rag company wheel mit for me does the trick. And I have been on a KCX PSS kick lately for tire shine 😁

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

1701860057180.png

1701860204508.png

1701860358056.png

1701861355979.png

1701862583538.png

1701861169092.png

1701862689770.png

1701863380080.png

1701862411422.png

1701862848644.png
Welcome to my world, the highs and lows of looking for that perfect tool or product.

Love the paint brush, but please, wrap some electrical tape around the metal shank, its has me extremely nervous around such a stunning machine.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to my world, the highs and lows of looking for that perfect tool or product.
Yeah it's also very clear that what suits one, doesn't necessarily suit another :like:

Here is my favoured tyre dressing brush (side note - but I don't particularly get on with perl that's also in the photo to show scale) :

Perl, with an adopted pop top curtesy of Aldi dishwasher rinse (or it might have been concentrated cleaner), 50/50 Perl and my posh tyre brush :

1655327582200.jpeg

WD :like:
Love the paint brush, but please, wrap some electrical tape around the metal shank, its has me extremely nervous around such a stunning machine.
I agree, but I've moved from electrical tape (old chemical brush) to heat shrink (new chemical brush) :

In the meantime, after a paint shopping trip to the DIY store with my daughter, I came home with this - my old wheel chemical brush and the new one :

57892-B3-A-0-A8-C-4630-B52-A-66365-A3-CEE07.jpg

The new one is long, the black parts are rubber, and the end cap is seamless stainless with rolled in ends. Even so, a bit of heat shrink should minimise any accidents :

645-D7784-CD7-B-4158-95-E7-C8357-DD4-E851.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to my world
<smiling> BION, I believe I couldn't help but think of you while building that long post.

..but please, wrap some electrical tape around the metal shank
I swear, you don't miss a thing, brother! <chuckling> I even had a gun belt on with a great big ol' brass buckle while detailing her because I have lost weight and my work pants fall down. <really laughing now> But, I fastened it in back and, had a long tshirt on over it. ;-)

However, just to be super safe, I'll tape up the handle as I don't think I can find shrink wrap with a large enough diameter. Good tip though, WD.

Yeah it's also very clear that what suits one, doesn't necessarily suit another
SO TRUE!

Here is my favoured tyre dressing brush
<smiling again> Every time I see English words spelled the British way, I get a grin, WD.

Back to the subject..

Funny but when ordering another stack of sponge applicators earlier this year, I saw that brush and thought, that looks like the PERFECT brush BUT, I never ordered it. I still may but I DO like the paint brush method.

Also like the squeeze bottle for the product and it has to be better than a spray bottle as I do when attempting to load up the brush. The wife has a whole bunch of those little squeeze bottles and I'm gonna snag one. :-)

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Ooops............................:facepalm:

Screenshot-90.png
My Microfiber Madness order arrived today. The DeliPad is extremely nice, although a touch thinner than I expected. I only ordered the regular IncrediPad, which is quite small compared to the equivalent TRC option.

Microfiber Madness Incredipad – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness Incredipad - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

Microfiber Madness DeliPad XL – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness DeliPad XL - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

I also ordered four of their 40x40cm (16x16) drying towels, I'm still sort of on the hunt for the perfect sized and composed drying towel to suit my style. These are more in line with the TRC Gauntlet, but smaller than the medium and bigger than the small Gauntlet.

Microfiber Madness Chipmunk Jr. Drying Towel (40cm x 40cm) – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness Chipmunk Jr. (16" x 16") - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

Can't wait to try them all out.

IMG-0320.jpg

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I rarely ever reach for a drying towel and I highly recommend the Metro Vac Master Blaster blow dryer recommended by The Tomster awhile back. You'll be done in ten minutes without ever touching the clear coat. I have a whole bunch of quality drying towels from TRC, small and extra large for sale. <smiling>

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
My Microfiber Madness order arrived today. The DeliPad is extremely nice, although a touch thinner than I expected. I only ordered the regular IncrediPad, which is quite small compared to the equivalent TRC option.

Microfiber Madness Incredipad – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness Incredipad - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

Microfiber Madness DeliPad XL – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness DeliPad XL - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

I also ordered four of their 40x40cm (16x16) drying towels, I'm still sort of on the hunt for the perfect sized and composed drying towel to suit my style. These are more in line with the TRC Gauntlet, but smaller than the medium and bigger than the small Gauntlet.

Microfiber Madness Chipmunk Jr. Drying Towel (40cm x 40cm) – Prime Finish Car Care
Microfiber Madness Chipmunk Jr. (16" x 16") - Skys The Limit Car Care (carpro-us.com)

Can't wait to try them all out.

IMG-0320.jpg
The deli pad is really nice, I do agree it is thinner than the others. I ordered an incredipad as well, then I ordered an incredipad XL. Much better :) . Just ordered a Gyeon wheel mit, looks like an old fashioned snow mit. Will see how I like it. I love my Gyeon wash mit, very soft even though I don't use as a. mit but as a pad anyway.
Sponsored