Sponsored

Warranty friendly tuner from Ford Racing.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Called Ford Racing and spoke to a rep. He said available first quarter of next year. It sounds like what we've been hearing is true. There will be a unveiling at SEMA with the package coming available Q1 2016.

The number.

Tech Line (800) FORD788

Option 2

Mustang Convert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Called Ford Racing and spoke to a rep. He said available first quarter of next year. It sounds like what we've been hearing is true. There will be a unveiling at SEMA with the package coming available Q1 2016.

The number.

Tech Line (800) FORD788

Option 2
Any discussion of HP/TQ numbers or cost?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
why not just get one of the other tuners on the market. You can switch to stock tune for warranty issues within ten mins, less with the cobb.

Sponsored

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But dealers can tell if it's been previously flashed

from what i've read they can only tell if the tune is still in the car.... Return to stock and they have no clue. I could be totally wrong so hoping adam or another big tuner can verify.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
another mamber on here (wont say any names) blew his motor returned the car for warranty with the tune still in the car and Ford replaced it.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
from what i've read they can only tell if the tune is still in the car.... Return to stock and they have no clue. I could be totally wrong so hoping adam or another big tuner can verify.
Any other clarity on this? I'm really hoping this is true because if so I'm dropping money right now on Cobb ap

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any other clarity on this? I'm really hoping this is true because if so I'm dropping money right now on Cobb ap

What i know for sure is they wont pull the codes unless Ford ask them. Dealers get paid by ford to do this work. I just asked a buddy who works for ford as a mechanic if they look for a flash for blown motors and he said never. I asked if they can and he said most likely but doesnt know because he has never had to. I know thats not alot to go by but its what i know lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
What i know for sure is they wont pull the codes unless Ford ask them. Dealers get paid by ford to do this work. I just asked a buddy who works for as a mechanic if they look for a flash for blown motors and he said never. I asked if they can and he said most likely but doesnt know because he has never had to. I know thats not alot to go by but its what i know lol.
Ohhh mannnn don't tell me that because I'm about to drop a bunch of money. I've only been holding off tuning and modding due to warranty. Even though I ordered mmr I take but having a tune would be amazing.

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
This is some good information, I am in the same spot as Kuronos. I would gladly buy a tune as soon as January if I knew that Ford couldn't tell. The issue is that I have a 7 year/100,000 mile extended warranty that I paid for and would not like to void.

Kuronos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I got the 75k one. I really want the Cobb tuner with an Adam tune though

Spoolin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost PP 6spd Manual
I took my car in the other day and it literally took 1 minute to flash to stock with my cobb ap right in front of the dealership. No dealer is going to be able to know if its been flashed unless you tell them or their a software engineer.

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I took my car in the other day and it literally took 1 minute to flash to stock with my cobb ap right in front of the dealership. No dealer is going to be able to know if its been flashed unless you tell them or their a software engineer.
They can see how many times it's been flashed and if that doesn't match what's on your records, they can deny your warranty if they're anal
Sponsored