Sponsored

VTT Stage 2, and 2+ $500 off Flash sale!

boygenius33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Ecoboost 6M
This is a silly question but does the inlet refer to the intake size ?
Sponsored

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Yessir

BTBAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 350 Oxford White/Blue Stripes
Potentially dumb question....

1. Are these Turbo's bolt on with no additional tuning?
2. I would probably plan on doing a Tune+ with Adam, I'm at 30k miles and currently running Ford's tune. This isn't really a question.....:crazy:
3. Without a tune, what are the gains from a 2+? With a tune? Obviously you can't give me exacts, but ballpark. Difference between the 2 and the 2+ in power gains?
4. I'm assuming with this upgrade a downpipe is recommended?

Thanks!

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Potentially dumb question....

1. Are these Turbo's bolt on with no additional tuning?
2. I would probably plan on doing a Tune+ with Adam, I'm at 30k miles and currently running Ford's tune. This isn't really a question.....:crazy:
3. Without a tune, what are the gains from a 2+? With a tune? Obviously you can't give me exacts, but ballpark. Difference between the 2 and the 2+ in power gains?
4. I'm assuming with this upgrade a downpipe is recommended?

Thanks!
Hello, yes they can be ran with no tuning, just be careful of over boost. The car can be tuned with anyone you wish, we try to stay out of the tuing wars, but the only tuner we recommend for these cars is Lund Tuning. By far the best, most knowledgeable, and safe on the platform.

Gains to be had with no tune are minimal. The tune is what brings the potential out of the units

We 100% do not suggest running stock down pipe with aftermarket turbos, they are restrictive, and gains are limited.

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
I imagine Lund would charge 250 for the costume tune plus remote tuning for 400?

Sponsored

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
I imagine Lund would charge 250 for the costume tune plus remote tuning for 400?
Gotta speak with Lund about tune pricing. We found out over the weekend, Mark went 10.53 with the turbo a while back. He just never posts..:)

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Is Mark on the S2+ now? I know he was on the S2 for a long time.

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Is Mark on the S2+ now? I know he was on the S2 for a long time.
He has moved on to a custom set up. With no spray turbo only he was able to run a 10.53 on Stage 2+. He is down to 10.1 now on his custom set up. Stage 2+ would be good for low 10's if you wanted to spray with it. He wanted to stay turbo only, so he needed to go bigger to reach his goals.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Yes sorry I dont post much. I have run a 10.53 on the stage 2+ and the best of a 10.63 on the stage 2. Both are phenomenal Turbos, cant say enough about them. When I 1st went to a big turbo I wondered why I did, I didnt go much faster, and got gobs of turbo lag with the big turbo, but my plans were for the future to go low low 10s and this was the direction I needed to go to do this on boost only. I wish I could give power numbers ive made with all my findings but ive still to date never had the car on the dyno.

Results ive had with the Vargas Turbos are below for people that wanna back into the #s to estimate power. My car weights 3745 lbs with me in it.

Stock OEM unopened engine with the Vargas Stage 2 with the open scroll housing I set the record at a 10.73 at about 127 mph.

Built shortblock with stock cams and head with the Stage 2 twin scroll I ran 10.63 at 128 mph.

Same built shortblock with stock cams and head with the Stage 2 + twin scroll I ran 10.53 at 129 mph.

Im sad that ive gone away from the Vargas Turbo some days, my car looked totally stock, and with the twin scroll housing it had full boost before 3000 RPM. But I ran a 10.19 at almost 134 mph with the big turbo kit I built, so my move has been justifiable. Tony Vargas has built a great turbo and it has always worked flawlessly and it took all the beating I could give it. :)

OP
OP
VargasTurboTech

VargasTurboTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo everything
Yes sorry I dont post much. I have run a 10.53 on the stage 2+ and the best of a 10.63 on the stage 2. Both are phenomenal Turbos, cant say enough about them. When I 1st went to a big turbo I wondered why I did, I didnt go much faster, and got gobs of turbo lag with the big turbo, but my plans were for the future to go low low 10s and this was the direction I needed to go to do this on boost only. I wish I could give power numbers ive made with all my findings but ive still to date never had the car on the dyno.

Results ive had with the Vargas Turbos are below for people that wanna back into the #s to estimate power. My car weights 3745 lbs with me in it.

Stock OEM unopened engine with the Vargas Stage 2 with the open scroll housing I set the record at a 10.73 at about 127 mph.

Built shortblock with stock cams and head with the Stage 2 twin scroll I ran 10.63 at 128 mph.

Same built shortblock with stock cams and head with the Stage 2 + twin scroll I ran 10.53 at 129 mph.

Im sad that ive gone away from the Vargas Turbo some days, my car looked totally stock, and with the twin scroll housing it had full boost before 3000 RPM. But I ran a 10.19 at almost 134 mph with the big turbo kit I built, so my move has been justifiable. Tony Vargas has built a great turbo and it has always worked flawlessly and it took all the beating I could give it. :)
Hey man, progress is progress. I am glad you got your results, and moved on to the turbo you needed to go faster. A stock location upgrade can only get you so far. Its enough for 90% of people, but for you it just wasn't. I cannot wait for you to be the first full interior no spray car in the 9's. Lund FTW...:) :headbang::cheers:

Sponsored

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Hey man, progress is progress. I am glad you got your results, and moved on to the turbo you needed to go faster. A stock location upgrade can only get you so far. Its enough for 90% of people, but for you it just wasn't. I cannot wait for you to be the first full interior no spray car in the 9's. Lund FTW...:) :headbang::cheers:
The Vargas Turbos were enough, to have a bolt on turbo and run mid 10s is amazing, im gonna move your number up to 95 % good enough for most people. Most people dont realize with a big turbo comes big turbo lag, they are 100 % hand in hand, the Stage 2s don't have lag, yet yield some big power numbers. Sadly ive been a racer for over 30 years, so fast is never fast enough, its a bad disease. Thanks Tony :)

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
What setup are you running now, Mark?
I built it myself, I even have a CAT on the car, its pretty neat, full exhaust and quiet still. Im not disclosing any technical specs, sorry.

wsfrazier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 M6 401a
So with the S2+ going mid 10s, what's the estimated power level at that point? Wondering if a CSS block and I-Beams are enough to hold that kind of power? Already got the aux system and running E85. I suppose new pumps in the tank will be needed as well.

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
Anybody have any track times with the Vargas on 93 tune? Sadly, there is no E85 around here to be had and I'm not running on race gas or any mix thereof.
Sponsored