Sponsored

VMP Install Problem...won't rev.

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Just wrapped up the install on my Gen II-R. Kit is a Stage 2 with 56# injectors and twin 60mm throttle body. We started the car and it idles great but will not rev. From idle, in neutral, if you press the throttle to WOT, it will only rev from 800 to 1100. We've verified the throttle body is moving the blades with the KOEO and intake elbow removed. Anyone else run into a similar situation?

Car is a 2015 GT PP. Only mods are the Gen II-R, resonator delete and 170* thermostat.
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just wrapped up the install on my Gen II-R. Kit is a Stage 2 with 56# injectors and twin 60mm throttle body. We started the car and it idles great but will not rev. From idle, in neutral, if you press the throttle to WOT, it will only rev from 800 to 1100. We've verified the throttle body is moving the blades with the KOEO and intake elbow removed. Anyone else run into a similar situation?

Car is a 2015 GT PP. Only mods are the Gen II-R, resonator delete and 170* thermostat.
Tune related most likely if no install issues are present.

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
All the little kinks from the install have been worked out. The car idles like a champ. Too bad I can't go drive the thing!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
All the little kinks from the install have been worked out. The car idles like a champ. Too bad I can't go drive the thing!
So,.....it wasn't the tune, it was the install then?
Let us know how it goes after you drive it. Good luck! :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
No, you misunderstood. All the install kinks were fixed prior to the tune issue. The car idles but will not rev. I'm sure a quick phone call to VMP will take care of it in the morning. Their customer service has been outstanding thus far.

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
If you have the throttlebody wiring wrong. I think it could do that.. it is like the pedal is dead.

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
VMP sent a revised tune this morning and got me on the road. Drives pretty well. Makes good power. A few datalogs have been sent. Dyno next week.

I just want to say I'm very pleased with their customer service. Alex was very quick to respond this morning and got me taken care of quick. Good group of guys over there.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
VMP sent a revised tune this morning and got me on the road. Drives pretty well. Makes good power. A few datalogs have been sent. Dyno next week.
I just want to say I'm very pleased with their customer service. Alex was very quick to respond this morning and got me taken care of quick. Good group of guys over there.
Good to hear! Yeah, VMP Performance has a great reputation. Great group of guys over there as well.

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

So can you explain drives pretty well? How is the traction? What tire size are you using? I just bought a VMP gen2-R(on the way) and I'm just seeing lethargic reviews here.

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
As with any mod there are hiccups. The number one rule is be patient and know that they'll get you taken care of.

You can tell the tune isn't 100% perfect. This is to be expected with the base tune. Does the car run and drive pretty well? Absolutely. Is it perfect? No. There is minor surging around 1500 or so and you can tell the tune just isn't as refined as it was two days ago when t was totally stock. However, I'm confident that after a few datalog revisions the tune will be pretty much spot on.

I haven't played with it a whole lot. I've got the stock GT PP Pirellis all around. In 3rd at 45 it hooks no problem. Only got on it once from a low 2nd gear roll and TCS didn't like it a whole lot. Lol. Boy does the torque hit you instantly though. It feels very good. Power will likely increase a little with the revised tune as well after tweaks are done based on WOT datalogs.

Just be patient patient patient.

Are you doing the install yourself? What other mods? OPG/CG?

Sponsored

Greek6486

@Gt_supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As with any mod there are hiccups. The number one rule is be patient and know that they'll get you taken care of.

You can tell the tune isn't 100% perfect. This is to be expected with the base tune. Does the car run and drive pretty well? Absolutely. Is it perfect? No. There is minor surging around 1500 or so and you can tell the tune just isn't as refined as it was two days ago when t was totally stock. However, I'm confident that after a few datalog revisions the tune will be pretty much spot on.

I haven't played with it a whole lot. I've got the stock GT PP Pirellis all around. In 3rd at 45 it hooks no problem. Only got on it once from a low 2nd gear roll and TCS didn't like it a whole lot. Lol. Boy does the torque hit you instantly though. It feels very good. Power will likely increase a little with the revised tune as well after tweaks are done based on WOT datalogs.

Just be patient patient patient.

Are you doing the install yourself? What other mods? OPG/CG?
Nice! I hope that they get the tuned ironed out quickly for you. I'm glad to hear that the system is working out for you though, since mine will be here this week hopefully and I really don't see much information about it anywhere. I'll post up my experience as well as soon as it is finished.

I'm going to have JPC racing install mine in Maryland, and I'm on 255/35/20 front with 305/30/20 rear nt 555 G2 tires with ford racing shocks/struts and steeda ultralite linear springs, ford racing borla exhaust. Those are the only performance mods really other then my Steeda tune which will be replaced by VMP. Steeda's tune is very smooth OEM quality I'd say. No OPC/CG yet, any recommendations?

GRE1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I can't say enough about Justin and the crew at VMP. They've been very accommodating to me and I can't wait to receive my kit in the next few days.

OP
OP

Brn N Rubr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP
Datalogging is coming along quite nicely. Hope to have some pointless bench racing numbers early next week.

BruceStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Nice! I hope that they get the tuned ironed out quickly for you. I'm glad to hear that the system is working out for you though, since mine will be here this week hopefully and I really don't see much information about it anywhere. I'll post up my experience as well as soon as it is finished.

I'm going to have JPC racing install mine in Maryland, and I'm on 255/35/20 front with 305/30/20 rear nt 555 G2 tires with ford racing shocks/struts and steeda ultralite linear springs, ford racing borla exhaust. Those are the only performance mods really other then my Steeda tune which will be replaced by VMP. Steeda's tune is very smooth OEM quality I'd say. No OPC/CG yet, any recommendations?
You will want to go back to "stock" tune just prior to installing SC. I went with MMR OPG &TG. My stock 275 Ps don't hook worth a crap but hopefully my MPSS will be here Monday and I'm going 315/35/20 on rear and 285/35/20 frt.

Alex has been great to work with and has been able to answer all my questions. You will be very happy with your purchase. I've noticed a slight surging at around 1500-1800 that I haven't addressed w Alex yet. But it's only noticeable just chugging along around 40-45mph.
Sponsored