Visit Laguna Seca?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
My wife and I are heading to Monterey - San Fran - Napa in June. No events at Laguna and I've never been there other than driving past the entrance. It is worth stopping to visit? Can you rent a car to drive it? Thanks.
Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Hi Mike,

Iā€™m from SF Bay Area(30+ years) and am currently living in Napa. I have to say, you have a fantastic destination itinerary.

I believe you can rent a track car, but it will be pricey. I have seen Supras and Miatas at more reasonable prices, but there are other options like Porsches and exotics at a much higher rate and with white glove service. Iā€™ll try to find some websites for you in the coming days - I had been searching a few months ago for a friend anyways.

In addition to Laguna, there is another relatively renowned track in Sonoma. 30 mins from Napa šŸ˜Ž

Although I live in SF Bay Area, Laguna is still on my bucket list so I canā€™t comment from experience, but I would definitely visit if I were you.

Feel free to DM me if you want to chat more or hop on a call - especially for Napa/Yountville/St. Helena and/or SF as I have many friends in the city.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hi Mike,

Iā€™m from SF Bay Area(30+ years) and am currently living in Napa. I have to say, you have a fantastic destination itinerary.

I believe you can rent a track car, but it will be pricey. I have seen Supras and Miatas at more reasonable prices, but there are other options like Porsches and exotics at a much higher rate and with white glove service. Iā€™ll try to find some websites for you in the coming days - I had been searching a few months ago for a friend anyways.

In addition to Laguna, there is another relatively renowned track in Sonoma. 30 mins from Napa šŸ˜Ž

Although I live in SF Bay Area, Laguna is still on my bucket list so I canā€™t comment from experience, but I would definitely visit if I were you.

Feel free to DM me if you want to chat more or hop on a call - especially for Napa/Yountville/St. Helena and/or SF as I have many friends in the city.

I hope you enjoy your stay!
Good info, thanks! We happen to be going the week there is a NASCAR event at Sonoma. I don't watch any racing on TV but we are going for the live experience! Appreciate the offer, we may hit you up if we run into questions as we finish up our itinerary.

SHOdaddy68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Premium w/Recaro
Having raced the track a few times, I can tell you Laguna Seca or "Weathertech raceway" is a great destination. It's a city park so the gates are almost always open. Sometimes they charge an entry fee depending on what's going on at the time. There are trails and areas you can walk or ride a bike to get a good look at the facilities and check out the track itself.

I can tell you that you will not be able to just drive there and expect to rent a car or take yours out for a few laps. Your best chance to run on the track is to see if there is a club renting the track and see if they have any openings for you to pay to join in. These events are very expensive and usually sell out fast.

Enjoy!
Sponsored