Video: SCT Mustang burn out and 12.86 @ 107 quarter mile at NMRA finals

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
twice the cost to buy and 3 times the repair costs
As a tech who spends alot of time in BMWs, i wouldnt own one if it was given to me
look up the failure rate of the direct injection pumps, price of a electric water pump.
What he said.
My bone stock 2009 BMW 335i trapped 106mph. The 2011 - 2014 5.0s were already capable of 12s and 110mph+ trap speeds right off the showroom floor. I'm not really sure what's so exciting about this time that justifies splashing it on the front page of mustang6g.com. In fact, with a trap speed that low, I'd be sweeping it under the rug...
Cool dude.

My sister drives a Bee-Meeeer.
Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
They made the pass on 87oct fuel. Not bad if you ask me...

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon

Sick burn, dude! I wish I was as cool as you. :eek:
#postoftheyear #bmwmeansbreakmywalletamirite
I wish you were too!

Can't hurt to hope. You sure are off to a slow start...

Sponsored

05yellowgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
There was about a 15mph headwind that day according to a buddy that ran at BG and saw the runs of the 15 in person

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
My bone stock 2009 BMW 335i trapped 106mph. The 2011 - 2014 5.0s were already capable of 12s and 110mph+ trap speeds right off the showroom floor. I'm not really sure what's so exciting about this time that justifies splashing it on the front page of mustang6g.com. In fact, with a trap speed that low, I'd be sweeping it under the rug...
yea my 2007 335i would run 13.5, 106 mph all day with no mods on "20" aftermarket rims with a baby seat in the back. On that tacky track i know it would do better. That GT should be in the 112+ range

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You are aware that there have been 2 runs of the 15 GT PP where the MPH was 112.2 and 113 in the quarter mile? Both done during the magazine tests about 3 weeks ago.

Sponsored

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
You are aware that there have been 2 runs of the 15 GT PP where the MPH was 112.2 and 113 in the quarter mile? Both done during the magazine tests about 3 weeks ago.
Pretty sure he was pointing out that this time was nothing to brag about, in fact it looks like something may have been amiss.
I can't wait till some forum guys get these cars to the strip to see how they do.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure he was pointing out that this time was nothing to brag about, in fact it looks like something may have been amiss.
I can't wait till some forum guys get these cars to the strip to see how they do.
He said a trap speed that low, he would sweep it under the rug. This is why I shared the MPH of the magazine runs.

I agree. Anxious as well. Should be happening really soon since folks are getting them not to mention some of the vendors have them now:headbang:

cgm9999

Threads
Reaction score
I am aware of that, thanks. I have subscriptions to all the relevant magazines involved and each of those issues are conveniently placed next to my downstairs toilet. However, how aware I was of other magazine tests wasn't the point at all - my point was that since the trap speed was so low (so low in fact, I thought it was ran here at Bandimere at almost 6,000 ft elevation), it's puzzling that the powers that be on mustang6g would choose to advertise it the way they did.

And before you or anyone else misses the point again, I don't really care what the excuses were or whether or not they were relevant (87 octane in the tank, headwind, the side the mustang was on was 500ft shorter than a 1/4 mile, etc., etc., etc.) - the outcome was less than impressive so why advertise it like it's some kind of impressive achievement?

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I am aware of that, thanks. I have subscriptions to all the relevant magazines involved and each of those issues are conveniently placed next to my downstairs toilet. However, how aware I was of other magazine tests wasn't the point at all - my point was that since the trap speed was so low (so low in fact, I thought it was ran here at Bandimere at almost 6,000 ft elevation), it's puzzling that the powers that be on mustang6g would choose to advertise it the way they did.

And before you or anyone else misses the point again, I don't really care what the excuses were or whether or not they were relevant (87 octane in the tank, headwind, the side the mustang was on was 500ft shorter than a 1/4 mile, etc., etc., etc.) - the outcome was less than impressive so why advertise it like it's some kind of impressive achievement?
I don't give excuses. Why not advertise it? I am sure they posted this as it was the first production '15 GT to run the quarter mile, regardless of results. Seems pretty simple to me.

Seems like you're the one that continues to take exception to why they posted it. PM the moderator to get the real response.

DIB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger
You guys forget these tuners and shops are looking to get the most out of these cars to sell tunes and aftermarket parts. They are going to dyne and run with 87 then tune and run with 93 to show how much their product gained which most is smoke and mirrors. We will not know the facts until owners start modding and testing.
Sponsored