Sponsored

Vibration due to MRR GT350 rims

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
Make sure rotor clips/retainers are removed with aftermarket wheels. They can cause vibration issues.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure rotor clips/retainers are removed with aftermarket wheels. They can cause vibration issues.
Good point. Those are little clip things at the base of the wheel studs where the stud goes through the brake rotor, right?

CarlosMRRDesignWheels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Find out what it is, Our M350 wheel has not had any problems through out its cycle, especially if it was prev balanced, anyway have a look and if it turns out to be our wheel and has no visible dents or damaged then we will gladly replace your wheel.

S550MG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
The rims are in perfect condition! No visible damage
They could be damaged and it not be visible damage.

I have a 2017 GT automatic with MRR GT350 wheels. I've been having a vibration issue over 70mph. The dealer put back the stock wheels back on and there is no vibration. They balanced the wheels and did road forced balance and they are saying the tires are good the problem is the rims. Can you guys help me. I don't know what to do
Did you ask specifically what was wrong with the wheels? Was it one wheel or multiple wheels? These are questions that should have been asked. If you ask and they cant give you logical answers and then they are just guessing and either didn't actually check your wheels for run out or they don't know what they're doing.

I still think you should get a second opinion. I have been in the auto service business nearly my whole life and I have never seen and entire set of "bad" wheels.

Another thing that no one has asked yet, did these problems occur immediately after you installed the new wheels or had you been driving on them for a while? If so, how many miles before the problem showed up?

I agree with MMR, that is a pretty hurtful title when you don't really know exactly whats going on yet.
Sponsored