Sponsored

verts through the carwash

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
forgive me if this has been covered here already. I tried using the search first, but got no hits.
I would like to hear from vert owners regarding going through the auto car washes with your stang. The soft cloth strip types specifically.
I am not so much concerned about the cloth strips as I am about the high pressure rinse spray. And the high power drying blowers on the hood and roof. I see a lot of (flexing) going on on the hood during drying too.
Does anyone think it is not a good idea subjecting the hood and vert roof to the pressure of the rinse and dryer?
Also, what about the material on the vert roof? Could this high pressure rinse affect the waterproofing capabilities? is there anything that ever needs to be done to your vert roof in coming yrs. to keep it waterproof? Or can I expect it to be ok for many yrs. with no problems?
Sorry, I am not really familiar with verts. This is the first one I have owned.
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Make sure the car wash is 100% touchless, and that will solve all your problems.

I would not recommend going through a soft cloth wash, they will damage your paint. I'm pretty sure no vert owner would take their car through an car wash period, just wash it yourself.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I got my vert during late winter...I ran it through a no-touch car wash to see if there were any water leaks around the soft top...none. No 'soft-touch' car washes with the whirling brushes. Who knows what road debris the brushes just whipped off from the previous vehicles. During warmer seasons, I plan on 1) rinse, 2) foam cannon, 3) two bucket wash with microfiber mitts, 4) leaf blower; 5) spray-on detailer; 6) final drying with microfiber towels.
Sponsored