v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting question and probably one that hasn’t cropped up much for the dvla. I suspect it would be a flat 5 yrs from the date of first registration thus capturing 99% of all use cases and nice and easy to programme. Those folks who buy a Ferrari and use if for 4 months I summer can thus cheat the system as it were.
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
As incentives to buy greener go I'd say its fairly effective. I'm paying £570ish but there's no way I'd be changing whilst the govt is investigating new ways to screw us.

£2000/year tax and the car is effectively scrap.
Just taxed after being off the road for two months. £609 now... :shock:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Pay by DD so it deadens the pain however it was about to auto-renew for April at £598.50 til I SORN'd it. You snooze, you lose £10.50...

OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
Pay by DD so it deadens the pain however it was about to auto-renew for April at £598.50 til I SORN'd it. You snooze, you lose £10.50...
it’s a crazy system where I pay just £12.68 per month by direct debit for my 17MY GT

Sponsored

Pilgrim/uk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
GT Yellow
Mine stayed the same as last year but then I didn't sorn mine it was £475 which still pisses me off cos it should be that as car was a pre £350 a year extra car but cos Ford increased the price two weeks before the car was registered DVLA applied the new price taking it over 40K for tax purposes even the i paid the sept prices

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Interesting question and probably one that hasn’t cropped up much for the dvla. I suspect it would be a flat 5 yrs from the date of first registration thus capturing 99% of all use cases and nice and easy to programme. Those folks who buy a Ferrari and use if for 4 months I summer can thus cheat the system as it were.
This is correct. I have a Corvette i only tax in the nice weather and the rebate when i cash the tax in is based on the full price i.e each month is 1/12 of £475 this year.

inky5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang 5.0GT Fastback
Just re taxed mine for £150 for 12 months. Very happy with that, but don’t know how much longer it will stay at that rate... Got my fingers crossed!
Sponsored