Sponsored

Vacuum leak caused by Master Clutch Cylinder?

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
In the process of updating the tune of my 2016 VMP Gen3r with Palm Beach dyno. 93 Tune went flawlessly, switched to E85 and threw p02195/6 codes for O2 sensors. Replaced sensors and data logged, but was told I have a vacuum leak. The only issue I've noticed is a leak from the master clutch cylinder. Could this be the cause of my issue or should I troubleshoot elsewhere?
Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
no. you need to troubleshoot elsewhere. look for a vacuum line coming off of the intake or if the intake tube itself could be loose

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
A vacuum leak anywhere will affect the engine. Fix what you find then search further. A smoke test may be in order.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Recently I learned newer mustangs with a clutch have the clutch and brake systems share a common reservoir. This, to me, makes the OP's question worth consideration. Unless my knowledge is outdated most power brake systems use engine vacuum as the "power" portion of power brakes. A large canister attached to or near the brake master cylinder will have a vacuum line. The partial vacuum in that canister helps power the brakes.

If the car is losing brake fluid and no leaks can be found it might be the vacuum is drawing fluid into the intake. The example i saw decades ago also had lots of odd smoke out of the exhaust. A new brake booster fixed it.

I do not know if the Mustang has plastic/composite intakes but if so that would be a place to look.
Sponsored