Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT Premium
Finally got around I installing my AIRRAID CAI this weekend and it went ok.

Few things to note:

1. Remove the clip on the throttle body rubber attachment. Install the attachment without the clip then put the clip on after. You will break your fingers trying to force the rubber boot over the throttle intake while it's still on.

2. Install the air box first then the throttle body boot then the tube joining them. It's too cumbersome otherwise.

3. Make sure the intake from the front grill sits nice inside the intake box. I put my hand inside of it to guide the inlet to the intake box to make sure they mate.

The sound you hear is a whoosh when it sucks in air when you get in it. You can hear it from outside and with the windows down. You hear a whistle when you get on it like something spooling up but not really lol.

Throttle response for me was a little better and my temperatures did drop a bit.

It's definitely louder and the exhaust note changes a lil bit but without a before video tough to tell.

Car feels and sounds more powerful but could just be me justifying my purchase.

With a tuner for the v6 I think this could yield great hp increases.

[ame]https://vimeo.com/128155946[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

OP
OP

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
Exhaust note. This is a stock exhaust after CAI install

[ame]https://vimeo.com/128158747[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
OP
OP

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
Hard to Describe.

Ok. Stock when I turn on the car I heard the quickrabbit starting process then the roar to life. Under throttle half to full I hear a faint whistle but not loud or BAD. It sounds high performance. A whistle might be the wrong word but it sounds like that to me. Under heavy throttle you hear the PSSSSHHHH VWWWP and the SUCK of AIR and the engine sounds louder and growlier.

From the exhaust It sounded a octave lower and that was it. Less High Pitched Poppy to Lower Growl still poppy. Its not HARD To tell the difference but its not as drastic as say swapping for axle backs or a full exhaust or something.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Anyone able to comment on how their CAI affected their exhaust sound?

I'm especially interested in what 'exhaust only' (aside from the combined overall) sound change happened w/ addition of CAI to aftermarket mufflers or axle back modded V6's. Did it increase or decrease the low frequency sound inside the car (windows closed)?

I've spent many hours testing and modifying my Magnaflow 11366 muffler installation and finally got the low frequency inside the car to not hurt my ears. I don't want to add that low frequency pain back! ;)

OP
OP

Asonitez

I go 71 in a 70 *REBEL*
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tristian
Vehicle(s)
I'm especially interested in what 'exhaust only' (aside from the combined overall) sound change happened w/ addition of CAI to aftermarket mufflers or axle back modded V6's. Did it increase or decrease the low frequency sound inside the car (windows closed)?

I've spent many hours testing and modifying my Magnaflow 11366 muffler installation and finally got the low frequency inside the car to not hurt my ears. I don't want to add that low frequency pain back! ;)

Windows closed the car sounds tame. Theres no done, or weird sound or . "Oooooooooooooooooooooooom" sound as your driving. Windows down it sounds like my video. That video was like 3 feet back directly behind the pipe taken by son as i slowly accelerated, and then revved it high a few times
Sponsored