Updated killer chiller content

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
If done right it does wonders! I ran a killer chiller over a year n a half with no issues! Raced all summer long with no timing being pulled. Was at the drag ship at like 98° running consistent low 10s on 93. Check out my channel man. I have lots of killer chiller content. They should cut me a check!
I watched i think all your videos on the killer chiller. Watching your stuggles with the atc lines is why im worried to go cutting on them, lmao. It does also kinda make a rat nest of tubes everywhere. I think it could be done so much cleaner if it wasnt so many off the shelf connections. Im not saying you didnt do a good job. Just what you had to work with seams very limiting.
Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
I dont know exactly what that is but it's pretty much a unit that allows coolant to flow through one side and refrigerant to flow through the other side of the unit allowing the refrigerant to keep the coolant ice cold. Definitely works amazing and worth the money! Way more ideal than a ice tank and over sized heat exchanger with dual fans.
This is a brazed plate heat exchager. You can get them in a infinite amount of sizes and plate counts. Looks like interchiller and killer chiller just use them and add on a valve, txv valve and some a/c line fittings and hose.....

The antifreeze fed oil cooler on the gt is the same thing. Just pumping water through vs refrigerant

Screenshot_20220520-082927_eBay.jpg

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford f150 2019 mustang gt
I watched i think all your videos on the killer chiller. Watching your stuggles with the atc lines is why im worried to go cutting on them, lmao. It does also kinda make a rat nest of tubes everywhere. I think it could be done so much cleaner if it wasnt so many off the shelf connections. Im not saying you didnt do a good job. Just what you had to work with seams very limiting.
Thanks for watching. My hassle was killer chiller not sending me the fittings I needed for the high side line so I had to improvise.

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a brazed plate heat exchager. You can get them in a infinite amount of sizes and plate counts. Looks like interchiller and killer chiller just use them and add on a valve, txv valve and some a/c line fittings and hose.....

The antifreeze fed oil cooler on the gt is the same thing. Just pumping water through vs refrigerant

Screenshot_20220520-082927_eBay.jpg
Yea pretty much same unit. But interchiller also has a more clean setup that comes with a separate condenser and no lines needing to be cut.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Mine turned out pretty nice I think.

E03798CA-B7E1-4750-BEF6-CEE9EEE49CD1.jpeg
ECF28FB8-971B-4C59-A5FD-FEB27E7F82C1.jpeg

Sponsored

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Mine turned out pretty nice I think.

E03798CA-B7E1-4750-BEF6-CEE9EEE49CD1.jpeg
ECF28FB8-971B-4C59-A5FD-FEB27E7F82C1.jpeg
Like i said, its not that it looks bad. But it would be so much better if the a/c lines could be done so you dont even know its there in the first place. Could the valve be placed right off the killer chiller? Or a sandwich plate type setup right off the condenser or a/c compressor? That could eliminate a lot of potential leak points as well as keep it hidden more. I will openly admit im stupidly fussy about some things. And that is one thing i feel could have been designed a little differently though probably not with off the shelf hardware. With what is supplied i know i couldnt do any better if that good to begin with.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Like i said, its not that it looks bad. But it would be so much better if the a/c lines could be done so you dont even know its there in the first place. Could the valve be placed right off the killer chiller? Or a sandwich plate type setup right off the condenser or a/c compressor? That could eliminate a lot of potential leak points as well as keep it hidden more. I will openly admit im stupidly fussy about some things. And that is one thing i feel could have been designed a little differently though probably not with off the shelf hardware. With what is supplied i know i couldnt do any better if that good to begin with.
@Fx2beast Primo would be better at answering that question since he installed his own and I had my shop do the work so I couldn’t answer specifics.

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No the valve needs to be as close to the evap core as possible because it's sole purpose is to cut refrigerant supply to evap core to eliminate condensation drip so you can race at the drag strip.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
No the valve needs to be as close to the evap core as possible because it's sole purpose is to cut refrigerant supply to evap core to eliminate condensation drip so you can race at the drag strip.
So it "must" be as close to the in cabin evap core as possible?

I assumed it could be anywhere provided its between the in cabin evap core and the "T" fitting as its effectively cutting off the refrigerant to the core anyhow anywhere between those two points. Simply based off the function of the unit anyway. Incorrect?

Obviously available space is going to tell you where its going in the end, lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it "must" be as close to the in cabin evap core as possible?

I assumed it could be anywhere provided its between the in cabin evap core and the "T" fitting as its effectively cutting off the refrigerant to the core anyhow anywhere between those two points. Simply based off the function of the unit anyway. Incorrect?

Obviously available space is going to tell you where its going in the end, lol.
You would then have to find a aluminum welder to weld that valve if you want it placed else where. Way too much of a hassle over cutting your low side hose and having it in the area it's located in his pic.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, very well could be a case of juice ain't worth the squeeze. Just wanted to make sure i understood correctly. Thank you sir.

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, very well could be a case of juice ain't worth the squeeze. Just wanted to make sure i understood correctly. Thank you sir.
For sure! My install vid is very well detailed to help others install their killer chiller system. If there was a easier way for it to be done believe me I would have tried lol.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
For sure! My install vid is very well detailed to help others install their killer chiller system. If there was a easier way for it to be done believe me I would have tried lol.
Certainly was detailed enough you got the info you needed without so much info you stopped listening, lol.

OP
OP
Fx2beast

Fx2beast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Certainly was detailed enough you got the info you needed without so much info you stopped listening, lol.
The directions Kincaid send you are a joke lol.
Sponsored