Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium
So far these are the mods I intend to make:

[FONT=&quot]Headlight bulbs – Phillips X-treme Vision d3s Xenon (4800k)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Parking Lamps - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.cjponyparts.com/led-switchback-turn-signal-with-side-marker-cool-white-front-kit-2015-2017/p/ELK12/[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Fog Lamps - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22746/s/fog-light-leds-for-2015-ford-mustang-eu-model-pair/category/1474/[/FONT][FONT=&quot] (5000k)[/FONT]

Considering swapping out the fish gill DRL bulbs for brighter ones but still on the fence. As it is, the fish gills aren't as bright as the headlights which make it easier to distinguish between the two and helps with visual aesthetics. Worried replacing them with brighter bulbs will just cause light pollution within the lens.

If any of you have swapped the stock fish gill DRL bulbs out for brighter ones, provided pics of the front of the car with the DRL's and headlights on would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
For the fog lamps, aren't they already LED's on the US Mustang ? `
And they are completely sealed, so swapping the LED's is sadly not possible ...

The bulb you posted is for the EU market as we have halogen bulbs that we can swap out.

For the fish gill DRL, if you mean the tri-bars next to the headlight, then again, these are LED boards and to swap them, you need to completely open the lights...
And you need this product, brighter as the stock boards : http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...tang-switchback-drl-led-boards/category/1451/

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For the fog lamps, aren't they already LED's on the US Mustang ? `
And they are completely sealed, so swapping the LED's is sadly not possible ...

The bulb you posted is for the EU market as we have halogen bulbs that we can swap out.

For the fish gill DRL, if you mean the tri-bars next to the headlight, then again, these are LED boards and to swap them, you need to completely open the lights...
And you need this product, brighter as the stock boards : http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...tang-switchback-drl-led-boards/category/1451/
Well, that sucks about the fog lamps! Would like to have them brighter than they are.

Do you know of any fog lamp alternatives for the US Mustangs?

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would I be able to swap out the fog lamps and headlight bulbs from the wheel well or do I have to remove the front bumper?

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would I be able to swap out the fog lamps and headlight bulbs from the wheel well or do I have to remove the front bumper?
You can easily swap the fog lamps from the wheel arch (only 3 screws to remove to get the light out). For the headlight bulb, you can swap it from the top of the headlight.

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can easily swap the fog lamps from the wheel arch (only 3 screws to remove to get the light out). For the headlight bulb, you can swap it from the top of the headlight.

Do you mean just opening the hood and working on it from there?

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pulled the trigger on:

Osram CBI's 5500K
CJ Ponyparts LED Turn Signal Switchback
DiodeDynamics Fog light replacements w/ XML2 LED Bulbs 5000K

Can't wait to get all these installed.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tried swapping in the CBI's today, was able to get the headlight cover off but was having a hard time getting the bulb loose. Decided to knock it out from inside the wheel well since I'll be taking that cover off to do the LED Switchbacks and Fog lights.

As for my OEM Fogs I'll be holding onto them. I like to keep my older parts just in case.

Sponsored
OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just thought I'd drop in and give you a quick update though I don't have pics so not much good this will do ya.

OSRAM CBI's -

Honestly, I don't really notice much of a difference between these and stock. Some say give the bulbs some time to burn and then assess. I'll see in time.

Diode Dynamics Switchback LED Turn Signals -

Love it, gives the car a cleaner look in my opinion. The signal sound is sped up and has a different clicking pattern but it doesn't bother me...yet.

Diode Dynamics Replacement Foglights w/ XML2 Cree LED lights 5000k Temp -

These were a big disappointment. The lights are definitely brighter than stock foglights but because of the way the beam pattern is, you won't notice it. The foglight beams aim infront of the car and also put out a small amount of glare. I aimed the car at my house and turned on only the fogs, there was light glare up above the 2nd story windows.

The stock fogs aim to the sides of the car in a diagonal pattern giving the car a nice spread of light that's even on both sides, and goes across multiple lanes. With these aftermarket ones there's hardly any light cutting out to the sides, just mostly aiming infront of the car.

Because of this the fog lights just get swallowed up by the headlights, wasn't sure if they were even working when I first had them on.

Don't if this is normal or maybe my foglight lenses are defective but I've opted to just return them and rock the stock foglights with the aftermarket headlights and Switchback LED Turn signals.

Hopefully this is helpful to anyone eyeballing these purchases, sorry again about the pics.

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50 Years Package
I installed the resistor kit with my DD switchbacks, and still very happy 9 months later. Signal speed and sound just like stock. If sound comes to bother you it's an inexpensive fix. Love the look.

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the resistor kit with my DD switchbacks, and still very happy 9 months later. Signal speed and sound just like stock. If sound comes to bother you it's an inexpensive fix. Love the look.
Was it a difficult fix? Any splicing involved?

It's a shame the 2015-2017 US Mustang's stock foglight housings are sealed and unable to do a bulb swap. These XML2 LED's in other Make/Model stock fog light housings put out an amazing amount of light compared to stock bulbs.

OP
OP
thewiz8807

thewiz8807

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edit - nevermind.

Last edited:

Blue Beast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium 50 Years Package
Was it a difficult fix? Any splicing involved?

Hi Wiz, sorry for the delayed reaction. Yes, it was a splice in kit but their connectors were designed so it was easy to do. Most of the time was spent mapping it out and deciding where to mount the resistor to keep it out of harms way. We did take tires off for easier access. I have DD leds all around and they give me much joy!
Sponsored