Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
anyone know where to buy an under the hood (insulation cover?) mustang/running pony logo "mat" or insulation cover........not sure if I am calling it the correct item.
Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
If you remove the mat there is a running pony stamped in to the metal.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I know with the underhood flags guys just self adhesive that too the mat with no issues.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
RPI Designs used to carry a painted pad.
http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=5077
They haven't listed it for a long time though. I have emailed them inquiring about it but have not had any replies.
I'm guessing it's just 2 stencils they tape the 1st onto the pad and paint 1 color then remove it and tape the second for the other color. With a good printer you could probable come up with a stencil and paint the pad yourself.
m15-1020.jpg

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
So do you HAVE to run the under hood matt or can you remove it. What's the impact of removal - would love to see the Pony when the hoods up :headbang:

Remedy15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang convertable V6 051A Black

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So do you HAVE to run the under hood matt or can you remove it. What's the impact of removal - would love to see the Pony when the hoods up :headbang:
No issues at all with removal, just a bit of extra engine noise.
You could have the best of both worlds and modify the blanket like below.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I don't know if anyone has done this yet but I've been thinking about mounting a Mustang puddle light under the hood and operate it from the under hood light switch to project up on the the under the hood while open. I've seen them in blue and green, I want a red one.

https://www.amazon.com/CHAMPLED®-Pr...1558164&sr=8-7&keywords=mustang+puddle+lights

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...ahUKEwj1huWbgu_QAhVFyFQKHV70CUcQvhcIIg&adurl=
Probably be fine at night. Daytime:D..........not so much:shrug:

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
anyone know where to buy an under the hood (insulation cover?) mustang/running pony logo "mat" or insulation cover........not sure if I am calling it the correct item.
Over the past several months, I have considered something similar. I have been searching for something that suits my fancy, but as of yet, I have found nothing right for me.:doh:

I was thinking an alternative way would be to remove the mat and bring it to an embroidery shop and get it stitched with a design of my own. I was thinking both the hood and trunk to match.:D

I have contacted a couple of shops, but both shops have said they need to see the mat(s) before making a commitment.:shrug:

My car is parked for the winter, so within the next several I will remove the hood and trunk insulation and bring it in. Hopefully it will work. Probably gonna be a bit on the expensive side, but ya only live once, right?:thumbsup:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Over the past several months, I have considered something similar. I have been searching for something that suits my fancy, but as of yet, I have found nothing right for me.:doh:

I was thinking an alternative way would be to remove the mat and bring it to an embroidery shop and get it stitched with a design of my own. I was thinking both the hood and trunk to match.:D

I have contacted a couple of shops, but both shops have said they need to see the mat(s) before making a commitment.:shrug:

My car is parked for the winter, so within the next several I will remove the hood and trunk insulation and bring it in. Hopefully it will work. Probably gonna be a bit on the expensive side, but ya only live once, right?:thumbsup:
The hood insulation will be a problem, it is about 3/4 inch thick at points and is constructed of a very coarse foam matting. I doubt it will be able to be stitched.
Maybe they can embroider an emblem and glue it on?

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The hood insulation will be a problem, it is about 3/4 inch thick at points and is constructed of a very coarse foam matting. I doubt it will be able to be stitched.
Maybe they can embroider an emblem and glue it on?
Yeah I was thinking similar. But I can still hold out hope:thumbsup:

But an embroidered emblem is a good thought too:cheers:
Sponsored