Sponsored

Under 5 seconds possible?

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt premium Ingot silver
Ive got a manual 5oh with FRPP track handling kit, cat-back exhaust, and running 305 MPSS tires in the rear and I am still unable to get below 5 seconds for my 0-60mph time, what am I doing wrong? Ive been using launch control at 3600 rpm. Please give me your 0.2 cents on what I should do? BTW these times are based off of the track apps on the car.
Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Don't use launch control. To get sub 5 your going to need to slip the clutch out in 1st. Going for 60 sec time but bad for clutch.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Get an automatic;) Really tho don't get too wrapped up on the track apps, they are not accurate for crap.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
Dont worry about the Track Apps, take it to the track and work on your 60ft times, 1/8 or 1/4 and your MPH and use those times as comparisons to see where you stack up.

Matt

Dallasmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i thought i was the only one worried. It never shows under 5 secs

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dont worry about the Track Apps, take it to the track and work on your 60ft times, 1/8 or 1/4 and your MPH and use those times as comparisons to see where you stack up.

Matt
Yeah seems like thats the best way to go to get good measurements of the cars and drivers potential rather than relying on the cars onboard computers for times.

66sprint6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT PP
I used to fiddle with it but dont have the best place to do so that ISNT a drag strip so I just started going back to the local 1/8 mile and the bug has bitten again. Ill be going next Tues if the weather is nice enough to kick off the season!

Matt

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Track apps are dead accurate - compared it with GPS measurements.

I was able to get to 4.6s with stock suspension, 3.15 gears and winter tires...but with AT :D

OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Track apps are dead accurate - compared it with GPS measurements.

I was able to get to 4.6s with stock suspension, 3.15 gears and winter tires...but with AT :D
my gearing is 3.55... but still Im running 305 MPSS with full suspension and still can't break 5 seconds without damaging something lol. Shows how easily an automatic can match factory specs, but still manual is soooo much fun I can't give it up.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
After a lot of mods I'm close to 4s flat right now. The biggest problem was with wheel hop - need to do few mods to fix that.

Nahhh, you can hardly brake anything. I was drag racing mine last week for for a half a day. 1st is mine, 3rd is MT with 3.55 gears:
[ame]

Sponsored
OP
OP

BigHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After a lot of mods I'm close to 4s flat right now. The biggest problem was with wheel hop - need to do few mods to fix that.

Nahhh, you can hardly brake anything. I was drag racing mine last week for for a half a day. 1st is mine, 3rd is MT with 3.55 gears:
Nice run! Yeah seems like the automatic is the way to go for straight line speed from a dig.:clap2::clap2:

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Ive got a manual 5oh with FRPP track handling kit, cat-back exhaust, and running 305 MPSS tires in the rear and I am still unable to get below 5 seconds for my 0-60mph time, what am I doing wrong? Ive been using launch control at 3600 rpm. Please give me your 0.2 cents on what I should do? BTW these times are based off of the track apps on the car.
Are you tuned? I did some testing with a GPS speedometer app last year on my old phone -- with the stock wheels and tune, I could not get the car to 60 without a 2-3 shift. It's really annoying -- it will only go to 59mph or something. Even a mild tune with a modest bump to the rev limit will help a ton with this. I've done a lot of work to my car in preparation to make more power -- I'm undecided as to which route I take at this point. I could get the FRPP pack one, but have really been looking at pack 3 with the GT350 manifold. My mechanic says to run out my warranty, save my money, and get a blower -- if I do that and get a centrifugal system like Vortech, I can use the stock airbox and manifold. I think the 3.73's are too much for a blower, and don't want to do too much more messing with the car -- so maybe pack 1 or 3 -- people are being vocal about pinging with pack 2, so I think that's out.

I think my best time in track apps is still only 5.2 on all-seasons I put on for the winter -- plenty of work to reduce wheel hop though -- best 60 foot stock in track apps was 2.0 even -- close to sea level with stock PP Pirellis, and close to standard temperature on and unprepared rural road.

Have you had a dealer adjust for your tire size? On another post someone said the speed in track apps is determined at the output shaft of the transmission, adjusted for the final drive and stuff from the factory -- so when you go with a taller tire and don't get it adjusted, you may in fact be able to do a single shift to 60, but it won't reflect the correct speed in track apps. A dealer can make the adjustment -- most tuners purport to be able to do the change -- but they mostly don't -- the tire size is now handled in the anti-lock brake/stability system, not the engine management -- so last I checked, only Whipple, and Ford Performance could correctly adjust for tire changes...

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Track apps are dead accurate - compared it with GPS measurements ...
What GPS device did you use?

I've seen where phone derived acceleration apps were off as a result of failing to meet/exceed a 10 Hz update rate. The Vbox/Performance Box is the device that auto testers use and rely on for consistently accurate measurements.

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Track Apps vs. Vbox in regards to wheel spin, changes to incline, etc. ...
Sponsored