Ummm what?!? Dealer has a NEW LE???

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
As many of us have seen, collector car prices are thru the roof and these 1964 LE editions will be worth a lot of money in the years to come.... this is a car you buy and store for 20+ years and then sell at Barret Jackson.

Even though we may not think so at the moment, I am sure we will kick ourselves in the ass for not buying it and selling it off later... No matter how much we think it isn't so special, it IS LIMITED to only 1964 built, The GT350 has a higher production number and wont be worth as much....

You heard it here FIRST... LMAO
I want some of what you're smoking.:lol:
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
As many of us have seen, collector car prices are thru the roof and these 1964 LE editions will be worth a lot of money in the years to come.... this is a car you buy and store for 20+ years and then sell at Barret Jackson.

Even though we may not think so at the moment, I am sure we will kick ourselves in the ass for not buying it and selling it off later... No matter how much we think it isn't so special, it IS LIMITED to only 1964 built, The GT350 has a higher production number and wont be worth as much....

You heard it here FIRST... LMAO
There just is nothing really special about them. There is no special engine or other things that impact the car. The GT350 will always be more desirable than these LE cars. If they were huge collector cars this one would have been sold already even over MSRP. The dealer might have this one for 20 years at this rate lol

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
And in terms of rarity it’s not that rare. They made far fewer green eco boost verts in RHD.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I drive my cars I'm surprised they are asking for that much. It is probably around 3 years old cause it was probably built in 2014.
Window sticker says that it was built in December 2014. So it's just a few months short of three years old.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
You will see these in 20-40 years at auction going for a boat load and everyone will be drooling for them then. Kinda like some of the rare 60's mustangs now that are going for triple digits.
It's possible, but I'm skeptical. They're just not special in any real way, just a limited run.

Sponsored

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
If I was going to buy a limited edition automatic GT I would get the Hertz Shelby GT-H.

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
I just don't think in 20 years the collector market is going to be what its is now. In 20 years, half the people who buy these collectors cars are going to be 6ft under if you know what i mean. And its just not that special of a mustang tbh. Don't buy into the notion that this is going to be worth big bucks in 20 years. It will be worth something but probably not what you see happening with today auctions.

The GT350 on the other hand will be something special. Also think about a way to store a car for 20 years at little cost other then having a space in your garage if you have one (storing cost big money over that time frame, good luck breaking even with that).

Last edited:

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Less than 2K examples does make it rare but a lot of these cars are sitting in plastic and very few people are willing to hold a car for 20+ years without driving it......there will be a lot of them for sale, with low miles at future auctions. The big money generally comes for cars with ultra-low production numbers AND significant options (L88 Corvettes for example).
There were several '78 25th Anniversary Corvettes at the Mecum - Louisville auction over the weekend. Even a L82 with less than 3K miles was a No Sale in the mid-$20's......Anniversary cars, particularly that only have paint or sticker packages, never seem to pull the collector money original buyers hope for.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Side note, I went to a different ford dealership for some service not far from this one and they had a beautiful new F350 King Ranch on the lot (beastly truck) that the service manager had told me, had to have the entire dash ripped off upon the dealer delivery because of some ignition problem that was the result of a faulty wiring harness that took his techs 2 weeks to find/diagnose.

Only mention this because I couldn't remember exactly what dealership I had seen the F350 at and thought it might be this one until I checked the google street-view lol.

kert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Premium
Haven't watched Pawn Stars in years, but I think they liked to tell people that if something was made to be collectible, it probably wasn't worth anything. Might be a little different for cars, but I'd never buy a car based on potential resale value.

Sponsored

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
According to it's VIN number it is #1416 of the 1964 built. It might be somewhat more valuable if it were one of the first few, maybe.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
A few things wrong with that car for my taste.

1) Automatic
2) White 2 tone interior
3) Too many options I don't need

Plus, I bought the Saleen also limited production for nowhere close to that asking price.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=31805]xDUMPWEEDx[/MENTION] I agree with you. In fact this weekend at a local meet I ran into this. So beautiful.....
GT-H.jpg

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Wow...so much hate on my car. I paid sticker for mine which not a lot of people were getting at that time. I bought it because it was the 50th Anniversary of the Mustang, the car was a limited production with it's own unigue VIN#, color, interior color, wheels, louvered windows and came with auto w/pp if you so desired. Additionally, I was turning 50 at the end of the year. Stars lined up for me and I absolutely LOVE my 2015 Kona Blue 6/manual Limited Edition #1141 Mustang.

raceredftw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack
As far as I know, the LE gets chrome splashed in a few places (including the grill where it looks incredibly ugly), quarter window louvres (which are about $100 aftermarket), and you get some plaques identifying the fact that it's an LE.

I honestly can't believe people paid more than $1000 extra for an LE model.
Sponsored