Sponsored

UK/USA - Part differences

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
Does anyone know any way to tell if there are differences in parts between UK and USA spec? Specifically for seatbelt buckles? I lost the rear screen in my car during storm Doris and the repair company and insurers dealing with it want to replace the rear buckles due to the amount of glass in them. So far 7 weeks later they still don't have the parts and whilst I can have the car back, they have asked me not to use the rear seats which ruins using the car at weekends for the 3 of us in the family.

The repair company updated me on Friday that Ford UK have advised them the parts won't be remade for another 8 weeks and will likely be 10-16 weeks total before they can get them. If they are the same as US parts I assume I could get some shipped direct over from any dealer in the U.S or Fordparts.com and save myself a lot of time as they must have thousands of them over there.

I have found the part listed as part <60044 at the almighty cost of $12.23 each.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2016&make=Ford&model=Mustang

I hope to get reimbursed for cost by repair company but honestly just want full use of car back at this point so spending £50 getting 2 shipped over isn't a big deal.

My main concern is that US buckles may not be marked properly for UK spec? Are there differences? Ford Customer Services were no helping in answering those questions as I did try.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure I've seen differences in buckles, but wouldn't put it past ford. ;P

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
at that price its worth ordering them in just to check :) if they fit yay if not no loss stick them on ebay someone with an import will probably take them off your hands.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
at that price its worth ordering them in just to check :) if they fit yay if not no loss stick them on ebay someone with an import will probably take them off your hands.
Or order a new seat belt rear clips as well (What they clip into) then all sorted.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'd be amazed if the part is any different to that used on Mondeo/Focus/Fiesta...
The difference is probably down to part numbers and/or safety certification.

Sponsored

dwaine dibbley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 Coupe 2016
Aren't there quite a few being broken in the UK?

I'm sure rear seat belt buckles will usually be undamaged, and probably never been used.

OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As someone mentioned, its the safety certification I worry about most on these. Also I don't know if I would use seatbelt parts from a car that was written off. Something would just seem wrong with that and putting my 8 year old in them. Good thought though and maybe I will call a few and consider it.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'd be amazed if the part is any different to that used on Mondeo/Focus/Fiesta...
The difference is probably down to part numbers and/or safety certification.
Agreed. Something like that is going to be shared across a host of vehicles just as, for example, the oil filter.

I was going to ship a pair of Recaros over when I first got the car but at $3K a pair it was a huge risk to take when nobody could confirm if they would fit either the subframes, our RHD floorpan, or even in our RHD cars at all (given that the controls would be on the wrong side).

I've seen a RHD car fitted with them recently so I know they at least physically fit, but for the cost of those buckles, just get them.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you only need one working belt since there are only three of you and if you think they MIGHT not work or you might replace anyway, just ordering one might be better.

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Does anyone know any way to tell if there are differences in parts between UK and USA spec? Specifically for seatbelt buckles? I lost the rear screen in my car during storm Doris and the repair company and insurers dealing with it want to replace the rear buckles due to the amount of glass in them. So far 7 weeks later they still don't have the parts and whilst I can have the car back, they have asked me not to use the rear seats which ruins using the car at weekends for the 3 of us in the family.

The repair company updated me on Friday that Ford UK have advised them the parts won't be remade for another 8 weeks and will likely be 10-16 weeks total before they can get them. If they are the same as US parts I assume I could get some shipped direct over from any dealer in the U.S or Fordparts.com and save myself a lot of time as they must have thousands of them over there.

I have found the part listed as part <60044 at the almighty cost of $12.23 each.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/P...search=true&year=2016&make=Ford&model=Mustang

I hope to get reimbursed for cost by repair company but honestly just want full use of car back at this point so spending £50 getting 2 shipped over isn't a big deal.

My main concern is that US buckles may not be marked properly for UK spec? Are there differences? Ford Customer Services were no helping in answering those questions as I did try.
Post a picture of buckle then one of us who have imports can do same then see if they match

Sponsored
OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately I don't have the car as it is still away getting sorted for some minor bits I didn't like how they did. If anyone could post a pic of the rear seatbelt buckles as they sit in the seat bases it may be useful.

Either way going to ring them Tuesday and check and probably just order from the US myself. Working out if easier to try and get someone from forums to pop to local Motorcraft dealer and get them or try and order direct and ship to Stackry. If I go Stackry I could always add something else in... hmm...

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10
Unfortunately I don't have the car as it is still away getting sorted for some minor bits I didn't like how they did. If anyone could post a pic of the rear seatbelt buckles as they sit in the seat bases it may be useful.

Either way going to ring them Tuesday and check and probably just order from the US myself. Working out if easier to try and get someone from forums to pop to local Motorcraft dealer and get them or try and order direct and ship to Stackry. If I go Stackry I could always add something else in... hmm...
Here's pictures of mine
IMG_3887.jpg
IMG_3888.jpg

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Could the buckles be taken apart and emptied of glass ?

OP
OP
Heretian

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The buckles have been cleaned out and tested but due to the nature of the part they have recommended replacement anyway. I am 99.9% sure they would be fine but based on having my son in the back its a risk I won't take.

Order going into fordparts.com on Tuesday for 2 of them so hopefully back on the road soon.
Sponsored