UK Mustang Order / Deposit List

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Interesting day yesterday.

It was supposed to be my build day according to the guy that I rang at my dealership a couple of weeks ago but then a member on the forum accessed the Ford Vehicle Monitoring System and took a screen grab which showed that my car is due to be built on the 28th Sept.

I then got a call from Pierre who works with Andy Barrett, head of Ford UK, who wanted to talk over some points that I mentioned in an email to Andy, he also confirmed that my car is due to be built on the 28th.

About an hour later my sales lady called me (Think it is the first time they have called me first) to tell me the exciting news that my car is due to be built on the 21st??

I told her about Pierre's call but she was adamant that their info was correct, although she said she could not promise delivery before Christmas.

Well it was just nice to have some contact
That is interesting, a few times now I have seen subtle hints that Ford are building faster/more units than they originally anticipated. Did you have an estimated build date? My estimated build date is 15/10, I wonder if it will end up being earlier than that. Do we know if any have left the US yet?
Sponsored

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
The screen grab I saw had my car as being built 28th Sept and then a long list of other dates including getting to the US port and then leaving for Zeebrugge, around a week in Zeebrugge then on to Southampton.

The final date for delivery to my dealer was 3rd Dec although I was warned that things could change.

QUIRKESTER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Juke - Volvo XC 90 T8 - Ford Mustang GT
Mustang Order

Hi Guys,

First post on the site - what are your thoughts on the below:

I am leasing the car through my own company via a broker and pushed for the evidence of the order a while back.

After chasing the broker for an update they say the build date will be QTR 2 2016 which is a little disappointing...

Is that realistic from your experience and has anyone else ordered around 15th April 2015?

Thanks for any help

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
Hi Guys,

I am leasing the car through my own company via a broker and pushed for the evidence of the order a while back.

After chasing the broker for an update they say the build date will be QTR 2 2016 which is a little disappointing...

Is that realistic from your experience and has anyone else ordered around 15th April 2015?
Thanks for any help
Since you ordered in mid April, I would have expected a Q4 2015 build date, as that is not too far behind the "early orders", or (maybe) a slip into Q1. A build date as late as Q2 2016 does surprise me; maybe the dealer and the broker are trying to do a "deal" on the price which has put you behind the "initial wave of orders", as there seems to be no chance of any significant discounts in the near future...

On the bright side, if it is late Q2 who knows - you might have SYNC3 available as an option! The 2017MY cars will probably start to build in July or August, but as they are building SYNC3 now for the US they could slip SYNC3 in at "any time" for the export markets.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
Hi Guys,

Thanks for any help
I ordered 7th May, and a week or so back was told By Karen Batt of Ford UK that my car is due to be built in January 2016, and delivery about 12 weeks later. As you ordered before me i would expect your car to be earlier, or certainly no later than that

QUIRKESTER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
That fills me with more confidence - we will have to keep in touch!

Topless too! Which colour have you gone for?

QUIRKESTER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dom
Vehicle(s)
Since you ordered in mid April, I would have expected a Q4 2015 build date, as that is not too far behind the "early orders", or (maybe) a slip into Q1. A build date as late as Q2 2016 does surprise me; maybe the dealer and the broker are trying to do a "deal" on the price which has put you behind the "initial wave of orders", as there seems to be no chance of any significant discounts in the near future...

On the bright side, if it is late Q2 who knows - you might have SYNC3 available as an option! The 2017MY cars will probably start to build in July or August, but as they are building SYNC3 now for the US they could slip SYNC3 in at "any time" for the export markets.
You could be right :-( Will ask for an update in a couple of months and will be interesting to see as people will start taking delivery in the next couple of months - MUST hold on....

Thanks for the prompt reply :-) :headbonk:

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I ordered 1st April, and been told my build date will be sometime in Novemeber, I'm not holding my breath though.

You could be right :-( Will ask for an update in a couple of months and will be interesting to see as people will start taking delivery in the next couple of months - MUST hold on....

Thanks for the prompt reply :-) :headbonk:

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Hi Guys,

Thanks for any help
I would of said the latest you would receive your car would be febuary Latest march. Unless they didnt order your car when they said they did.
I ordered mine early june they told me to expect mine around may apparently they are coming of the lines a bit quicker now.

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
That fills me with more confidence - we will have to keep in touch!

Topless too! Which colour have you gone for?
I have gone for Guard, with saddle seats. I was a little unsure about the colour until I saw a Guard coupe at the local dealer when they had one for the day. Still not seen the seat colour in the flesh, but hoping they look as good as they do in print or on the screen. Then all we will need is some sun so I can put the roof down!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Love saddle. Saw it with a white GT in the flesh. Peed that you can't spec it with Comp Orange.