The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How do you find out what boat it's on to Southampton? Or don't you.
Karen told me, also, looks like it says 'Delivered from' when it's booked on a boat to southampton, my boat leaves saturday morning (like 5am) arrives 9:15am saturday morning.

[MENTION=21522]Eclipsar[/MENTION] must be something like paperwork, or it's when the Liner has left the country and is into the atlantic, who knows :shrug:!
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Shanraf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Stacey told me that she expects to have a boat allocation next week.
Hopefully that means me too!

Do you know if yours will be coming to Southampton and then across the Irish Sea?

Greg C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Convertible
Mines arrived in Zeebrugge today & Stacey has said 6 weeks to dealer. I hope it doesn't take that long.

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hopefully that means me too!

Do you know if yours will be coming to Southampton and then across the Irish Sea?
I think it goes from Southampton to Liverpool and then across the sea to Belfast.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Mines arrived in Zeebrugge today & Stacey has said 6 weeks to dealer. I hope it doesn't take that long.
I'm personally looking at 3 weeks since hitting zeebrugge to dealer. That's with being prioritised for leaving Zeebrugge (however it's within timescales of about 2 weeks total duration in Zeebrugge), with a 1 week turn around from southampton up to birmingham for pickup, dealers assured me it'll be be put on high priority and asked to be bought up - stacey is doing the same her end, should be on the back of a truck up before thursday next week for pickup saturday/sunday of next week. Lets hope all the cogs fall into place!
If you're not prioritised by your dealer (just ask your dealer to bring it up asap once it arrives in soton), it'll take up to 3 weeks yes, because, they just slowly bring them up in small batches :headbonk:

twiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's dreadful, so the car takes 3 weeks to get from US to Southampton then just as long from Southampton to Reading which is an hour and a half up the road, if my dealer thinks i'm just going to sit around for that to happen he can think again.

deep south

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB auto convertible & Citroen C3
That's dreadful, so the car takes 3 weeks to get from US to Southampton then just as long from Southampton to Reading which is an hour and a half up the road, if my dealer thinks i'm just going to sit around for that to happen he can think again.
It isn't as bad as that; they can easily take 2 weeks to get in and out of Zeebrugge, with the customs inspection and the undersealing, so it is usually at least 3 or more weeks after leaving Baltimore to get to Southampton; from there is depends on the UK delivery part which can also take a few days, and then it turns up at the dealer.

So 4 to 6 weeks from the US to dealer is not unusual at all. It has been shorter, but it has also been longer... hopefully it is all running a bit smoother now....

Don't they still quote 3 months from factory build to UK customer delivery...?

davidb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT V8 Fastback; Elise S1 111S; BMW 320d ED
It isn't as bad as that; they can easily take 2 weeks to get in and out of Zeebrugge, with the customs inspection and the undersealing, so it is usually at least 3 or more weeks after leaving Baltimore to get to Southampton; from there is depends on the UK delivery part which can also take a few days, and then it turns up at the dealer.
Indeed - mine arrived in Southampton on the 16th March, and I picked it up from Reading on the 24th, so 8 days turnaround - not bad at all.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do they still quote 3 months? Yes. because timescales maybe below the 12 weeks but it gives them some 'breathing room'. Mines going to take 10 weeks and a few days. I've seen someone get theirs with 8 weeks, and others get them at 14 weeks, this is ignoring the anomalies such as people being 'Stark-d' :D

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
Thanks, guys, for all the information and advice. The dealer is TrustFord Edgware Road London.

During my talks with the finance co and the dealer, a prerequisite that came up was registering the car - they wanted the number. I had a private reg in mind. The dealer at that point said they wouldn't reg the car without the payment. To break that deadlock, I initiated the payments and contracts.

Just had a word with my contact at the dealer again. Says he's going to receive it today from the 'holding compound' - which he says belongs to Ford. Then service, PDI, etc and car ready to be delivered by Thu or Fri. No promises yet because the car isn't with him yet though - _should_ be today.

I had a separate email thread going on with Karen at [email protected] who says the car was delivered stamped to the dealer the week before last. I did tell my contact today about it and he isn't sure why they would say that.

I'm hoping everything is okay with the car now.
Finally picked her up last evening! Once you look at it and hear the sound, all your gripes go away.

It had 42.4 miles on though, spoke to the dealer about it and they said they had to drive it between a few places since no trucks-whatever would take them on. I did tell him the average/median mileage everybody else was seeing - but hey, I don't mind 42.4 and glad to have it at all!

Thanks everyone on here for your support!

Mark The Cabby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
I've been Mustang spotting at Southampton!
image.jpg