Sponsored

UK Mustang delivery

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
I'm tired of chasing them honestly. I had used a third-party financier and they've been piling up my interest for two weeks already now having transferred the money to the dealer then.

Quick question for the more experienced, how long before the delivery of a new vehicle does one usually get hold of the V5C? Is it okay if I have received it dated last week and I don't get hold of the car soonish?
Looks like they wanted it on their March sales figures.
What dealer is it,

Normally you get the v5 a few days after you have the car.
You actually paid for the car?
That's wHy they don't care, honestly mate, keep pestering them
my q7 last year took 10 days to come through. but i think it differs depending on work load at dvla.

I would be fuming if they registered the car 31st march and you didnt take delivery. for three reasons.
1. your road tax wouldve started march - you lose a whole months road tax = ÂŁ40ish - not massive but annoying
2. you might as well have an april car if you arent driving it til april - worth a bit more come resale
3. your warranty has already started and you arent driving it.

my guess is their year end for commisions and sales is 31st march - hence their desire to register 31st march..
i would never pay for a car before i even seen it etc

Thanks, guys, for all the information and advice. The dealer is TrustFord Edgware Road London.

During my talks with the finance co and the dealer, a prerequisite that came up was registering the car - they wanted the number. I had a private reg in mind. The dealer at that point said they wouldn't reg the car without the payment. To break that deadlock, I initiated the payments and contracts.

Just had a word with my contact at the dealer again. Says he's going to receive it today from the 'holding compound' - which he says belongs to Ford. Then service, PDI, etc and car ready to be delivered by Thu or Fri. No promises yet because the car isn't with him yet though - _should_ be today.

I had a separate email thread going on with Karen at [email protected] who says the car was delivered stamped to the dealer the week before last. I did tell my contact today about it and he isn't sure why they would say that.

I'm hoping everything is okay with the car now.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Thanks, guys, for all the information and advice. The dealer is TrustFord Edgware Road London.

During my talks with the finance co and the dealer, a prerequisite that came up was registering the car - they wanted the number. I had a private reg in mind. The dealer at that point said they wouldn't reg the car without the payment. To break that deadlock, I initiated the payments and contracts.

Just had a word with my contact at the dealer again. Says he's going to receive it today from the 'holding compound' - which he says belongs to Ford. Then service, PDI, etc and car ready to be delivered by Thu or Fri. No promises yet because the car isn't with him yet though - _should_ be today.

I had a separate email thread going on with Karen at [email protected] who says the car was delivered stamped to the dealer the week before last. I did tell my contact today about it and he isn't sure why they would say that.

I'm hoping everything is okay with the car now.
Good that you're getting somewhere. If there were anything majorly wrong with the car they'd fix it before you even saw it. Anything relatively minor just puts you in the same boat as a lot of others and Ford will fix it in due course (if you want them to).
Regarding the tax, there were a few posts on this on a different thread about whether you'd lose a month or just a few days under the new taxing system. I think we settled on a few days but i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong on this :)
Not long now for both of us!

Wobs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] - thanks for the tipoff, Stacey has given me my VIN number now
[MENTION=6713]Man[/MENTION]dersMustang - I will soon be using your Manders Magical Mystery PG tips......

(Process Guide :D )

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
On the VED, the dealer can tax 1 year and up to two weeks extra, mine showed 1year 1week, so no one should lose out.

If you're part exchanging/selling a car, apply for SORN before the end of the month, you will lose a month if you're a day over I believe.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
[MENTION=20439]Jimboy2[/MENTION] - thanks for the tipoff, Stacey has given me my VIN number now
[MENTION=6713]Man[/MENTION]dersMustang - I will soon be using your Manders Magical Mystery PG tips......

(Process Guide :D )
Good news. What's the build date you have been given? 18/4? I was given the 25th up until last week so don't know why it has been brought forward. Haven't got my hopes up. More than likely it will be May when it's built lol

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
On the VED, the dealer can tax 1 year and up to two weeks extra, mine showed 1year 1week, so no one should lose out.

If you're part exchanging/selling a car, apply for SORN before the end of the month, you will lose a month if you're a day over I believe.
Or pay the tax renewal as a full year at the end of the month. It doesn't setup the DD until 18th of the month. Cancel if you sell before then. It's what I'll be doing.
@Wobs hahahah I'm not making you tea.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke to my dealer. If the car comes on Fridays boat, (landing early saturday morning - well 9am is early to me!). Then he will prioritise it to be on the next batch up (as they can prioritise the car for pickup dealers, but not bring it up themselves(!)), it should arrive within 2 days after that, and has said if the car arrives to the dealership before Thursday, I'll be able to pick it up SATURDAY 16TH APRIL.

So there's a good chance that i'll be picking up my car, the same day the mustang turns 52!

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.
I have a VIn wooohoooo it's almost a real car!
I think we ordered about the same time but I got my VIN a while ago and Vista showing build in May and delivery end July. I haven't got a window sticker yet or queried further with Stacey. Originally given 25/4 for build before I got my VIN. My VIN is 5315265 so interested to see if yours is very close as you've been given an April build date. Guess I should email Stacey.

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I think we ordered about the same time but I got my VIN a while ago and Vista showing build in May and delivery end July. I haven't got a window sticker yet or queried further with Stacey. Originally given 25/4 for build before I got my VIN. My VIN is 5315265 so interested to see if yours is very close as you've been given an April build date. Guess I should email Stacey.
My Vin ends in 0389

It seems strange you have had yours for so long

Have you out your VIN in here? http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleSelection.do

SteveyB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT fastback, Ruby Red Auto, custom.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My car will hopefully be booked on a boat next week :D

Shanraf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
My car will hopefully be booked on a boat next week :D
With my dates being the same as yours hopefully we will be in the same boat, literally :D
Sponsored