The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Got an update from dealer, ETA 2nd July at dealer, we shall see how accurate this will be.
Woop woop!I don't even have an eta from my dealer. Bearing in mind previous ones were "End of Dec, March 1st, and more recently, end of march"
I couldn't give a hoot as it's probably wrong lol!

I'll just wait and ponder on my car being in Southampton and if needs must I'll take Phil in the yaris down to Southampton to pdi the mustang then and there. One 300mile trip in the yaris is enough for them to practically give me the car for free right?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Sponsored

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
Received my V5C in post today. Car was registered on 31/03. Still no calls from dealer (TrustFord London) on when to pick it up!

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So, which of you incredibly resourceful guys wants to give me the boat list for those arriving in Zeebrugge heading to Southampton that'll be carrying Mustang orders. To my Knowledge they go out every Mon/Fri but if someone has the list that'd be great, thanks :)

edit ships go to Southampton on a Autostart ship.

Last edited:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
And now, the adhoc update comes through, car will be on the next ship out of Zeebrugge, for scheduling puposes I don't know whether that'll be the Tamerlane (if they can get it on that) or the Oberon - Fridays departure.

Exciting times!!! Better start looking at liquidating assets and moving funds around. Yawnnn...

Sponsored

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
And now, the adhoc update comes through, car will be on the next ship out of Zeebrugge, for scheduling puposes I don't know whether that'll be the Tamerlane (if they can get it on that) or the Oberon - Fridays departure.

Exciting times!!! Better start looking at liquidating assets and moving funds around. Yawnnn...
Great news mate, maybe you could sell your key ring collection ?
image.jpeg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Great news mate, maybe you could sell your key ring collection ?

1) No my key rings are amazing. I've got assets worth far more than that, that'll depreciate quicker and are currently on a profit that i'd rather sell, but i wont bore you too much.
2) I was wrong regarding ships.

Car's don't go from Zeebrugge to So'ton on a wwl they use the 'AutoStart'.

Stacey has informed me shes 'Hoping it will be loaded onto the Auto start at the end of this week'.

No idea what the Auto start is, never heard of it before.

However looks like i'll be in Southampton come the weekend :D!

Also seem to be getting conflicting information, was told yesterday I was customs cleared and officially a UK car, but told today it was being customs cleared and needed underseal.... :doh:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I think a typo is what it is. The Autostar is the boat my car came over from Zeebrugge on. It's currently in Santander (in Spain, not the bank... ;)).

Stick it in your ship tracker.

new23d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Fastback V8 Manual, Race Red
Received my V5C in post today. Car was registered on 31/03. Still no calls from dealer (TrustFord London) on when to pick it up!

Sent from my XT1052 using Tapatalk
I'd be on the phone to them every hour until they give me a date and time
I'm tired of chasing them honestly. I had used a third-party financier and they've been piling up my interest for two weeks already now having transferred the money to the dealer then.

Quick question for the more experienced, how long before the delivery of a new vehicle does one usually get hold of the V5C? Is it okay if I have received it dated last week and I don't get hold of the car soonish?

Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
1) No my key rings are amazing. I've got assets worth far more than that, that'll depreciate quicker and are currently on a profit that i'd rather sell, but i wont bore you too much.
2) I was wrong regarding ships.

Car's don't go from Zeebrugge to So'ton on a wwl they use the 'AutoStart'.

Stacey has informed me shes 'Hoping it will be loaded onto the Auto start at the end of this week'.

However looks like i'll be in Southampton come the weekend :D!

Also seem to be getting conflicting information, was told yesterday I was customs cleared and officially a UK car, but told today it was being customs cleared and needed underseal.... :doh:
Autostar & Autobay are the two WWL boats from ZEE to Southampton, mine was on the Autostar way back when.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looks like they wanted it on their March sales figures.
What dealer is it,

Normally you get the v5 a few days after you have the car.
You actually paid for the car?
That's wHy they don't care, honestly mate, keep pestering them

MP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm tired of chasing them honestly. I had used a third-party financier and they've been piling up my interest for two weeks already now having transferred the money to the dealer then.

Quick question for the more experienced, how long before the delivery of a new vehicle does one usually get hold of the V5C? Is it okay if I have received it dated last week and I don't get hold of the car soonish?
my q7 last year took 10 days to come through. but i think it differs depending on work load at dvla.

I would be fuming if they registered the car 31st march and you didnt take delivery. for three reasons.
1. your road tax wouldve started march - you lose a whole months road tax = ÂŁ40ish - not massive but annoying
2. you might as well have an april car if you arent driving it til april - worth a bit more come resale
3. your warranty has already started and you arent driving it.

my guess is their year end for commisions and sales is 31st march - hence their desire to register 31st march..

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think a typo is what it is. The Autostar is the boat my car came over from Zeebrugge on. It's currently in Santander (in Spain, not the bank... ;)).

Stick it in your ship tracker.

I had a feeling that was the case, yes it's expected into Zeebrugge friday. ANd yes, that will be the ship it'll be on, it's just passing through Bilbao at the moment, not sure what it's shipping route is if it has any stops on the way (doubt it).

Now you've got me another ship to track, damnit!
[MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] thanks for that, didn't realise they were WWL, just seen your message :).

Lands in Southampton 09:15am saturday. (Autostar). Will keep track of Autobay too!
Sponsored