Chipster67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EB Magnetic PP
So my wife has green lighted me to order a new 2015 Ecoboost Premium, w/PP

She is trying to time this so we only have 1 car payment. So with that, if I were to order the car Dec 1st, on average how long does it take for this to be delivered? Is there a typical lead time? I know some of you had ordered Pre-Build Start, and some are still waiting, but I think I've read where some ordered Post Build Start and they have already taken delivery.

Thanks for any info or advise.

Chip
Sponsored

stulaw11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's harder with the holidays as the plant is closed for a week from Xmas to Jan 2nd. But generally 10 weeks average.

SC_Sport_Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gene
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Edge; 2015 GT PP, 06 F350 Dually
Chip,

I think everyone's order is different. My order was placed yesterday. When I set everything up my dealer said anywhere from 6-16 weeks
depending. I asked depending on what and he said depending on whether
or not all the components were available. So while I am planning on 16
weeks, I will super excited if it is only 6.

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
I ordered mine 8/21 and have a delivery date of 12/7, however my buddy ordered from the same dealer on 9/17 and he has a delivery date of 12/7 as well. The only difference between the 2 cars is Redline Recaros vs black Recaros and were in California which added about 12 days for shipping time. So trying to predict exact duration is a guess at best.

OP
OP
Chipster67

Chipster67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EB Magnetic PP
Thanks for the info guys... Excited about the opportunity to get a new Mustang, my 2005 v6 has been a good car. But ready for something new. :) I'll aim for 6 weeks and plan it so wifes car paid off by the time mine comes in. If later then no worries I can save more $ for a tuner or winter tires and rims.

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
Fastback vs. convertible makes a difference too. None of us have gotten our verts yet regardless of order date.
Sponsored