Sponsored

Two high-speed questions

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
So I went from Prague yesterday and hypothetically I was trying the max speed. In case it was real, I have to questions:

1, Do we have speed limiter in EU? I didn't have a GPS but speedo was on 260 km/h and I had a feeling the car was still slightly accelerating.
2, It was really scary but I felt like the hood was going to fly out. It was vibrating under the air pressure under it. Did this happen to you?
Sponsored

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Of course it was not real, because you were going on our D1 highway and at max speed your car would have disintegrated :)

Dunno about the speed limit, but the hood above 200km/h is crazy, but that's normal. We do not have the air vents and the air has nowhere to go.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Max speed is limited to 250km/h. Your speedometer will show a bit above that, tests on a Dnyo showed that 250 it's really limited at 250.

Hood fluttering is normal on the S550, no matter if you have hood vents or not. It usally starts at 150km/h but should stop above 200km/h. Try adjusting the plastic support surfaces where the hood lies on to get less flutter (you can spin the surfaces up and down).

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
The GT are supposedly limited to 250 km/h but having measured mine with GPS at 270 km/ with more to give it makes you wonder when the limiter really kicks in.....many others have done the same speed or more, also measured with GPS.

OP
OP
R3v

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
Didn't Glen or someone here measure like 280kph+ with GPS?

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I went from Prague yesterday and hypothetically I was trying the max speed. In case it was real, I have to questions:

1, Do we have speed limiter in EU? I didn't have a GPS but speedo was on 260 km/h and I had a feeling the car was still slightly accelerating.
2, It was really scary but I felt like the hood was going to fly out. It was vibrating under the air pressure under it. Did this happen to you?
See this thread for your second question:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1080899#post1080899

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Didn't Glen or someone here measure like 280kph+ with GPS?
He has a US spec car with a tune that removed the limiter.