Sponsored

Tune your magnaride!!!!!

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
So, poking around in the DSC tuner software, it seems pretty easy to understand. I'd love to see the Cortex tune versus the default DSC tune. I wish there was a way to load the 100% Ford OEM tune to the DSC controller, it would be great to start from a known point tune what I think is needed for autocross and then back to back that with the Cortex or DSC tunes.

I'd love to have the comfort setting be normal street use, sport shocks for autocross, track with the Cortex or DSC tune for track use.

Also, while digging through the tunes, there's not much interesting stuff that they did between revisions of tune.
Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So, poking around in the DSC tuner software, it seems pretty easy to understand. I'd love to see the Cortex tune versus the default DSC tune. I wish there was a way to load the 100% Ford OEM tune to the DSC controller, it would be great to start from a known point tune what I think is needed for autocross and then back to back that with the Cortex or DSC tunes.

I'd love to have the comfort setting be normal street use, sport shocks for autocross, track with the Cortex or DSC tune for track use.

Also, while digging through the tunes, there's not much interesting stuff that they did between revisions of tune.
It takes about 10 minutes to swap from one module to another, particularly if DSC has released the mounting bracket they were considering making. You lift out the trunk floor, unscrew four thumbscrews and remove the back trim, pull one push-pin and swing the lining aside and from there it's two 13mm hex head cap screws and the wiring harness plug to switch from one module to the other.

If you have a good comfort tune on the DSC, it rides better than stock, at least for me. But then I did my own tune.

There are three different calibration files on the DSC website. One is dated Feb 2017 and it's too soft. There's a second one dated April that's pretty good and the latest one dated August 31. Each file has all three drive modes covered.

One of the cool things about the DSC installation software is that you can mix and match at any level of granularity you want. If you like the Sport settings from one file and the Track settings from another, you can "write" just the sport settings from the first file into the Sport registers and just the track settings from the second file into the Track registers. You use the steering wheel switches as normal to switch modes. Or, you can write the Track settings into the Sport registers. It's all under your control. For instance, when I was doing my own Comfort tune, I could do comparisons by putting three different versions of the comfort settings into Comfort, Sport and Track then switch between them to see which settings worked best.

Keep in mind, though, that the stability controls are in the ABS module and they're not affected by these changes, so if you're using the Sport mode for competition, you might find the nannies too intrusive.

Or, if you want to tweak just one table, you "read" that specific table from the module into the editor, make the change to it, then "write" that specific table back to the module without touching anything else. And if you lose track of all those little changes you've been making, you can do a "read all" and make a backup copy of all of the tables on the unit. If you have a setup you like for a particular track, you can save it and load it back when you want it.

It's pretty slick.

Last edited:

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
It takes about 10 minutes to swap from one module to another, particularly if DSC has released the mounting bracket they were considering making. You pull the trunk floor, the back trim, pull one push-pin and swing the lining aside and it's two bolts and a plug to switch from one module to the other.

If you have a good comfort tune on the DSC, it rides better than stock, at least for me. But then I did my own tune.

There are three different calibration files on the DSC website. One is dated Feb 2017 and it's too soft. There's a second one dated April that's pretty good and the latest one dated August 31. Each file has all three drive modes covered.

One of the cool things about the DSC installation software is that you can mix and match at any level of granularity you want. If you like the Sport settings from one file and the Track settings from another, you can "write" just the sport settings from the first file and just the track settings from the second file.

Or, if you want to tweak just one table, you "read" that specific table into the editor, make the change to it, then "write" that specific table back without touching anything else. And if you lose track of all those little changes you've been making, you can do a "read all" and make a backup copy of all of the tables on the unit. If you have a setup you like for a particular track, you can save it and load it back when you want it.

It's pretty slick.
I'm aware you can back to back easily by just swapping which one is plugged in, but it would be awesome to have the Ford OEM tune in the DSC controller so I could build my own tune based off of that.

The "old" table from February was much softer on the front end than the newer tunes, for sure. That was pretty evident looking at the tune file.

The difference between April & September tunes is a pretty interesting one, damping changes only on the shock velocity table. Honestly, the September changes look a lot like what I'd want for autocross use...

Good to know that you can load just one specific specific table if desired, that seemed like what was going on.

Does anybody have the Cortex tune file or is that proprietary knowledge? I would understand them not wanting to share publicly :)

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
anybody thrown this on an R with stock wheels/rubber?

Issues? Worth it?

rocket71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I have decided to go another route and am posting mine for sale.
Sponsored