Sponsored

Tune vs. Sport Mode?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
It definitely is more responsive at partial throttle, but WOT is WOT. I'm not sure if it is the case, but I guess sport might get you to WOT a bit faster than normal. However, once you are WOT, you are WOT.
I googled WOT and got War on Tanks and War on Terror.

So wich is it :shrug:
Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP

Warhead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The BAMA tune I have is simply on top of the modes, which keeps the modes relevant. I really like Sport mode in my auto for around town 50 MPH and under driving, very quick throttle response and stays in higher RPM to toss you back in the seat more.

Track mode is great all around, even on the interstate to be able to punch it at much higher speeds and be thrown back.

Standard drive mode is not so hot with the Bama race tune, when just driving normally. The high boost tends to feel overactive, it's sucking and blowing while it shifts far too early in every gear, with normal acceleration from 0 to 55.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
It definitely is more responsive at partial throttle, but WOT is WOT. I'm not sure if it is the case, but I guess sport might get you to WOT a bit faster than normal. However, once you are WOT, you are WOT.
But at least in the automatic, in Normal mode, you put the throttle to the floor, and then you wait a second or two for it to downshift, and then you accelerate. With Sport+ it normally stays in a lower gear longer -- in Normal, it upshifts as soon as you get to about 1800 rpm, so if you're cruising along at 35 mph and floor it, the transmission has to switch from sixth gear down to second gear, and that takes some time.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
But at least in the automatic, in Normal mode, you put the throttle to the floor, and then you wait a second or two for it to downshift, and then you accelerate. With Sport+ it normally stays in a lower gear longer -- in Normal, it upshifts as soon as you get to about 1800 rpm, so if you're cruising along at 35 mph and floor it, the transmission has to switch from sixth gear down to second gear, and that takes some time.
Sure, you will obviously have better acceleration if you are starting in a lower gear and don't have to wait for the kick down. My point was the car isn't making any more power at WOT (or elsewhere) based on the mode selected.
Sponsored