Sponsored

Tune+ 93 Octane Tune Review

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
So everything was finalized this morning with Adam. I figured I would do a 2 part review. One basically on the car performance and one with dealing with Adam personally.

So First let's start with Adam himself. The reviews you all read are not hyped up. Adam is fantastic to work with. Works quickly, gives feedback on EVERY question asked, and lord knows I asked a bunch. He is extremely patient, and I emphasize this because I made several mistakes early on in the process with the logs. And he patiently reiterated his instructions and I followed them. And for that I want to thank Adam personally because I understand how easily frustrating it may have been from his side.

Part 2 (The Tune+ 93 vs Cobb OTS Stage 1):
I've had the tune on the car since last Friday, so essentially I've had 4 days to drive the car. I've not actually done a run in my car since it was cooler out here in Texas, literally about 3 months. So Yesterday I decided to do a comparison between the 2 in the 90+ degree weather of Houston, TX. So Cobb Stage 1 0-60 in the heat was 5.6. I just could not get any better with the car (it's previous best in the winter time was 5 flat). I did the 1/4 mile in about 14 flat at 98-99mph (did 2 runs). So obviously first thing I learned here is how much heat REALLY affects a turbo car (this is my first turbo car). So next I load Adam's 93 tune back into the car. Very first 0-60 was 5.3 seconds. I was able to repeat that number 3 times in a row. Now for the 1/4 mile. Car did a 13.6 at 102 on the track app. Basically I have to relearn how to launch the car. I initially told Adam the car felt "weak" when launching. And as he asked me to explain it occured to me I was really just feeling the difference in the tunes. Cobb basically rushes all the power at one time and it just falls off from there. Adam's tune has a MUCH MUCH smoother application of power, and the car pulls STRONG all the way until I shift at 6000rpm. So my actual opinion is that I need to work on ME launching the car. Because as crazy as it sounds, I have more power but the car is easier to launch.

Over all I am very pleased as I know when it cools back down I will see another big gain in power and expect the car to gain another 3-4mph trap speed. I will for sure keep dealing with Adam for all my tuning purposes and consulting as far as what path to take with mods on the car. So again Thank you Adam for a great first experience with a tuner. Definitely look forward to continuing to work and learn from you as I further modify my car. :cheers:
Sponsored

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Glad your happy with the tune, I'm running the cobb OTS tune right now and cant wait to upgrade soon to Tune +

OP
OP

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It'll be worth it. Adam completely changes how the car feels. Power delivery is much smoother, and flatter. It does not surge right at the beginning like Cobb does and then taper off as you climb up the rpm range. it stays until you shift and just nice and flat.

2016Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It'll be worth it. Adam completely changes how the car feels. Power delivery is much smoother, and flatter. It does not surge right at the beginning like Cobb does and then taper off as you climb up the rpm range. it stays until you shift and just nice and flat.
Any difference feel in the way the car shifts ? My cobb OTS tune shifts terrible and sloppy , car is a nightmare in traffic

OP
OP

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adam if he reads this thread can most certainly clear up. I think because I did not order a trans tune that he basically leaves the transmission tune at the factory settings. Which it does eliminate the very harsh 1-2 shift the cobb ots map is known for. I will be spending another 150 for adam's trans tune, which does not have the harsh sloppy shifts, they are lightning quick and smooth.

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli