Sponsored

Trunk lid crease.

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
Upon picking up my Magnetic Ecoboost I noticed a slight crease on the center of the trunklid. The dealer looked at it and acknowledged it and let me take the car home while they scheduled someone to take care of it. You have to look at it while crouching with light hitting it ,dead center a few inches back from the lip. I returned back to the dealer a few days later to complete the paperwork. ( They let me take the car home and come back to do all the details). The finance lady told me they had 3 more Mustangs with the same problem. Today the lid was fixed and it looks great. The tech who fixed it told met that he services multiple Ford dealers and he said over half of the cars he's seen have the same problem. He also told me mine was the worst he had seen. It took him about an hour and a half to correct it and I applaud the dealer for taking care of this for me. He told me he was expecting a brace underneath and perhaps slamming the trunk lid cause it but he found it clean underneath. Maybe it's a stamping issue. Regretfully I did not get a picture of it. It's slight and you have to look for it but I'm sure Ford has made corrections in production.
Sponsored

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Upon picking up my Magnetic Ecoboost I noticed a slight crease on the center of the trunklid. The dealer looked at it and acknowledged it and let me take the car home while they scheduled someone to take care of it. You have to look at it while crouching with light hitting it ,dead center a few inches back from the lip. I returned back to the dealer a few days later to complete the paperwork. ( They let me take the car home and come back to do all the details). The finance lady told me they had 3 more Mustangs with the same problem. Today the lid was fixed and it looks great. The tech who fixed it told met that he services multiple Ford dealers and he said over half of the cars he's seen have the same problem. He also told me mine was the worst he had seen. It took him about an hour and a half to correct it and I applaud the dealer for taking care of this for me. He told me he was expecting a brace underneath and perhaps slamming the trunk lid cause it but he found it clean underneath. Maybe it's a stamping issue. Regretfully I did not get a picture of it. It's slight and you have to look for it but I'm sure Ford has made corrections in production.
Mine had the same issue, the body shop pulled it out when they were fixing a paint issue.