ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP 2019 Mustang GT PP2
I should have known a few weeks would turn into a few months, especially being a solo act, but I am waiting on a few prototype designs to arrive hopefully within the next few weeks.

Everything I have tested so far should prove out quite well. I am currently focused on making it work with the S1 Sequential Shifter because that is what I plan to use on my Magnum XL, but also have parts coming to adapt it to a traditional H Pattern shifter as well.

I hope to have a pretty exciting video to share once these parts arrive.
Sponsored

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
This is awesome! I canā€™t believe I just now found this thread as I have been scouring this site specifically for someone who has tackled this. šŸ‘

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Bump, any progress OP?
Everything works. Right now I am working on the interface between the Tremec shifter and the signal translator.

It's tough because I am using a borrowed transmission. All of my money is tied up in this project and I don't have enough for a Magnum XL at the moment, so I am borrowing someone else's when I can.

Good progress, just slower than I would like.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I should have known a few weeks would turn into a few months, especially being a solo act, but I am waiting on a few prototype designs to arrive hopefully within the next few weeks.

Everything I have tested so far should prove out quite well. I am currently focused on making it work with the S1 Sequential Shifter because that is what I plan to use on my Magnum XL, but also have parts coming to adapt it to a traditional H Pattern shifter as well.

I hope to have a pretty exciting video to share once these parts arrive.
That sequential shifter should make your shifts much quicker than they are with the H-pattern shifter. Might just be enough to make some A10 Mustang owners nervous, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
That sequential shifter should make your shifts much quicker than they are with the H-pattern shifter. Might just be enough to make some A10 Mustang owners nervous, lol.
I am waiting on that one to get here. It already has a signal output which can easily be used as an input for the translator. The traditional H pattern is taking a little longer, just because I really want to get it right the first time.

Kidd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/PP1 Rapid Red
Everything works. Right now I am working on the interface between the Tremec shifter and the signal translator.

It's tough because I am using a borrowed transmission. All of my money is tied up in this project and I don't have enough for a Magnum XL at the moment, so I am borrowing someone else's when I can.

Good progress, just slower than I would like.
Probably not much consolation but Iā€™ll be in line to buy your product whenever you get it figured out. Even if someone could put it on an older MT82 in the event that they need a transmission in a pinch it would be worth it.

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Probably not much consolation but Iā€™ll be in line to buy your product whenever you get it figured out. Even if someone could put it on an older MT82 in the event that they need a transmission in a pinch it would be worth it.
It's taking longer than I would have hoped, but it is definitely being worked on. Hopefully more updates soon.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I see almost no chance of missing gears with a sequential.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Any info you can share with us on the sequential shifter? I woukd love to see what the design is like.

I was looking at a company out of Australia that makes them, but I didnā€™t see any for the MT82, D4 or 3160.

https://s1sequential.com/product/se...viper-tr6060-t56/?ph=520e08a63daa08ffebfa06f6
The S1 shifter is what I will be using on the Magnum XL that will eventually go into my car. It can be ordered with a gear sensor that is not compatible with our factory arrangement, but makes a perfect input signal for the translator.

For my purposes, I don't need the transmission first, just having the shifter and the sensor will allow me to program the interface.

You are correct, missed shifts are a thing of the past with the S1.

A little hint since we are on the subject, with the H-Patten sensor, you can run any shifter you want, even the S1, but using the S1 sensor will save the buyer some money.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The S1 shifter is what I will be using on the Magnum XL that will eventually go into my car. It can be ordered with a gear sensor that is not compatible with our factory arrangement, but makes a perfect input signal for the translator.

For my purposes, I don't need the transmission first, just having the shifter and the sensor will allow me to program the interface.

You are correct, missed shifts are a thing of the past with the S1.

A little hint since we are on the subject, with the H-Patten sensor, you can run any shifter you want, even the S1, but using the S1 sensor will save the buyer some money.
[/QUOTE

Will backup camera still be retained?

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yes, all factory functionality will remain. I have already tested all of that, no issues with magneride, reverse camera, reverse lights, rev match, all functions as original.

The PCM will have to be programmed for the new gear ratios in the T56, though.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yes, all factory functionality will remain. I have already tested all of that, no issues with magneride, reverse camera, reverse lights, rev match, all functions as original.

The PCM will have to be programmed for the new gear ratios in the T56, though.
Woukd you faceplate the T56 or stick with synchros?

OP
OP
ZZMike

ZZMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I am going to stick with synchros for now, because of my budget. This little venture has been a little expensive šŸ˜„

But if/when it breaks, I'll most likely go to a faceplated trans.
Sponsored