Sponsored

Transmission 12v. Pump thermo control

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder how well something like this would work? I've used one for controlling an electric fan before. It has the advantage of adjustable on/off temperature and it can be set up to vary the current applied to the fan/pump so that the pump isn't working so hard all the time. I assume that would help to extend the life of the aftermarket pump.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-A-Lite/4...MuPjWHDUJY1ugzaMQuY1nAVxh4Or5kLgbABoCrtHw_wcB
Sponsored

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
depends on the type of pump used. Gear type no, needs constant current and voltage. Vane or diaphragm maybe. I think radiator fan sensor that comes on at 180 would be fine. Also replace factory sensor, I bet you could find fan sensor to fit. Then put factory sensor in oil line to the cooler. Run the pump via relay or direct off sensor but put idiot light in so you can tell when running. Dash display will give a close reading when pump is running. However for track days I would just a switch. Factory coolers runs all the time, shaft driven.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
depends on the type of pump used. Gear type no, needs constant current and voltage. Vane or diaphragm maybe. I think radiator fan sensor that comes on at 180 would be fine. Also replace factory sensor, I bet you could find fan sensor to fit. Then put factory sensor in oil line to the cooler. Run the pump via relay or direct off sensor but put idiot light in so you can tell when running. Dash display will give a close reading when pump is running. However for track days I would just a switch. Factory coolers runs all the time, shaft driven.
I agree it would be easy to just flip a switch on 90+ degree days and track days.
Sponsored