Sponsored

Track Setup for Mach 1 - What Wheel/Tire Combo can you recommend?

OP
OP
derklink

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Thank you all for your feedback, really appreciate it!

I think for now, I'll stay with my current stock setup and try to become a better driver first (novice here) but this is plenty of food for thought when I upgrade.

Some of you are serious track drivers when going through a set of tires on a weekend. I'm far far from that.

My car is a street vehicle and closest track is about 200 miles away. I just enjoy the built-in track capability of the Mach 1 once in a while.

MPGainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2014 Porsche 911 50th
I have a square 19 x 11 +52 Apex VS-5RS with extended studs for the front with 25mm slip on spacers. Once I get them on I will post some pictures. The factory HP wheels are nice but heavy, Apex has a good selection of wheels for our cars. Good luck with your decision.
I was considering a similar set up. Which extended studs did you go with?

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I was considering a similar set up. Which extended studs did you go with?
I purchased the ARP studs, don’t remember the number, they are the 1 inch over stock ones.

Sponsored

MPGainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2014 Porsche 911 50th
Another solution is to get the ford Motorsport hubs that already have the longer studs and come with lugnuts
I didn’t realize that’s an option. Thanks for the suggestion.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
19x11's square here with a 25mm OP spacer and ARP studs as others have said. Better and lighter than the HP setup.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Another solution is to get the ford Motorsport hubs that already have the longer studs and come with lugnuts
I didn’t realize that’s an option. Thanks for the suggestion.
Just make sure you get the ones for Magneride cars. AM has the ones for non-MR cars...at least that's all they used to have. I haven't looked lately.

I plan to run the HP wheels and SC2's until they are done along with the Apex EC7 18x11's with Michelin take off slicks I ran on my PP2. After my SC2's are done I'll get one of the better 200TW offerings to use as a backup track/street tire. Right now I have a setup of PP1 wheels with 4S' on them to save my SC2's for the track.

The take off slicks are a decent option if you become more serious about tracking the car. You can buy used racing slicks that were only used for qualifying laps and usually have over 50% life left in them. I think they are up to about $940/set. There are more options in those in the 18's as well.

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I just burned through the factory Cup2s at the Glen last week. 6.5 hours on track over two days and there's only two sipes left.
I wanted to use them up to put 4S on the factory wheels for street use.
Cup2s are great on the track, but don't heat up enough on the street.
My track wheels are SVE R350s 19x11 square. Will run 28-30mm spacer up front with Hoosier R7s all around.
IMG_6819.jpg
VERY NICE!!! I love my HP wheels with Cup2's but they don't last long if you are going to push hard.
Image 6-8-23 at 9.10 PM.jpeg

HP wheels with Sport 4s work well too just not at fast or feel as good as Cup 2's. Here's a vid on HP wheels and Sport 4s:

Last edited:

Sponsored

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
VERY NICE!!! I love my HP wheels with Cup2's but they don't last long if you are going to push hard.

HP wheels with Sport 4s work well too just not at fast or feel as good as Cup 2's. Here's a vid on HP wheels and Sport 4s:
Get another square setup with Hoosier R7s, and you’ll be saying, “got any more of that rubber man?!?”

tmp.gif

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

What was your average difference in lap times?

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

There's plenty of torque from 3500-4500. Not really a need to wind out to 7k each time. Unbalances the car a lot. Try shifting around 4.2k and you'll be able to stay in 4th (and balanced, carrying more speed) around more of the track.

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There's plenty of torque from 3500-4500. Not really a need to wind out to 7k each time. Unbalances the car a lot. Try shifting around 4.2k and you'll be able to stay in 4th (and balanced, carrying more speed) around more of the track.

You are giving up a lot of performance if you shift at 4.2K. Yes it may have higher torque at that RPM, but the torque to the wheels will be higher in a lower gear (with more torque multiplication) at higher RPM. There is a reason F1 cars used to rev to 18,000 rpm, and it wasn't to maximize torque. POWER is the standard that engines are judged by for a reason.

adeuel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I understand the mechanics. Just try it that way a couple times. I guarantee your lap times will improve.
Sponsored

Last edited: